×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2

    "Invalid Application" Error while trying for "Upgrade Verision" - S40 Platform

    I have an application which is running in more than 1000 Nokia C1-01 mobile phone.

    Now i have a new version update. User's can select options in the mobile menu and upgrade to the new version of the application.

    But immediately after the download is complete, it is throwing an "Invalid Application" Error.

    OLD and New [Jad and Manifest] are below.
    OLD JAD

    Code:
    MIDlet-1: HelloMIDlet,/res/logo.jpg,com.lotex.main.CoreMIDlet
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 426505
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: Lotex.jar
    MIDlet-Name: Lotex
    MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.Connector.https, javax.microedition.io.Connector.http, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read, javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.client, javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.server
    MIDlet-Vendor: Vendor
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0


    New JAD

    Code:
    MIDlet-1: HelloMIDlet,/res/logo.jpg,com.lotex.main.CoreMIDlet
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 426514
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: Lotex.jar
    MIDlet-Name: Lotex
    MIDlet-Permissions-Opt: javax.microedition.io.Connector.https, javax.microedition.io.Connector.http, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read, javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.client, javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.server
    MIDlet-Vendor: Vendor
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0

    OLD Manifest
    Code:
    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.8.3
    Created-By: 1.6.0_21-b07 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
    MIDlet-1: HelloMIDlet,/res/logo.jpg,com.lotex.main.CoreMIDlet
    MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.io.Connector.https, javax.micro
     edition.io.Connector.http, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write
     , javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read, javax.microedition.io.Co
     nnector.bluetooth.client, javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.s
     erver
    MIDlet-Vendor: Vendor
    MIDlet-Name: Lotex
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0

    New Manifest

    Code:
    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.8.3
    Created-By: 1.6.0_21-b07 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
    MIDlet-1: HelloMIDlet,/res/logo.jpg,com.lotex.main.CoreMIDlet
    MIDlet-Permissions-Opt: javax.microedition.io.Connector.https, javax.m
     icroedition.io.Connector.http, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.w
     rite, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read, javax.microedition.i
     o.Connector.bluetooth.client, javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetoo
     th.server
    MIDlet-Vendor: Vendor
    MIDlet-Name: Lotex
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0


    Note: New Issues with the Fresh Installation and the application is working seamlessly.
    Note 2: Application is not signed by any vendor or Nokia (Not available in OVI)


    Is the Build properties in Netbeans is causing any issue in this ??

    Please help.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    28,752

    Re: "Invalid Application" Error while trying for "Upgrade Verision" - S40 Platform

    I have absolutely no experience with updating mobile Java stuff, but a thing what you could try is increasing the version number.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: "Invalid Application" Error while trying for "Upgrade Verision" - S40 Platform

    I tried increasing the version application and also changed it to three digits.
    e.g- MIDlet-Version: 1.0.1

    No luck either.


    I tried the "Update Version" using both JAD and JAR, both are residing in my Web Server, MIME types are set correctly. checked it several times.

    One more thing I noticed is.

    1. Fresh Installation of a New Version of the Application in the Phone.
    2. Did some code changes, built, increased the version number.
    3. Kept it in the Web Server.
    4. If i try update now, it is working fine.


    "Update Version" for the old installed app are failing deliberately.

Similar Threads

  1. S60 2nd Edition FP2 SDK "invalid platform name" error
    By cryptyritu in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010-11-22, 09:32
  2. WML - Error "Operation failed" / "your application is too large"
    By crajesh_2985 in forum Mobile Java Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-10-06, 12:31
  3. does not support program "GNUMAKEFILE" for platform "GCCE"
    By teelkee in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-09-11, 14:19
  4. 6270 "Invalid Application" Error
    By deanandreakis in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2006-03-10, 23:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×