Discussion Board

J2ME JAZZLIB PREVERIFICATION HELP

Hi. I tried using jazzlib ported to j2me on application but i get VerifyError. My pc just spoilt so i can't preverify now. Please can anyone help me preverify jazzlib and send the link to download it to me. Thanks. Here is the library: http://staff.googlecode.com/files/ja...j2me-0.0.7.jar

Smile Re: J2ME JAZZLIB PREVERIFICATION HELP

Hi friend,

I preverified the jazzlib as requested. I hope it help you =)

Check the link to download: www.teju.com.br/files/j2me/jazzlib.jar
    Last edited by TK2000; 2012-10-12 at 00:22. Reason: text correction

Re: J2ME JAZZLIB PREVERIFICATION HELP

Thank you TK2000. It worked. Thank you very much

you're welcome.

regards,

After using the jazzlib library to compress my data, i send it to my website but i do not know how to use php to decompress a file compressed in jazzlib ?. I have tried gzopen, gzuncompress, gzinflate. Please someone help me ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

If you mean the code in your other thread, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ipOutputStream, note that ZipOutputStream produces a .zip file (the PK you encountered in your other thread denotes Phil Katz, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_(file_format)), which is not a .gz file. Check if jazzlib provides GZipOutputStream or DeflateOutputStream, or check how PHP supports .zip.

Thanks wizard_hu. I tried using GZIPOutputStream in jazzlib but i can't uncompress it in php

I do not know what you have tried exactly, but a search for PHP zip support with Google brings http://php.net/manual/en/book.zip.php as first hit for me. That API should open the .zip file (from your original attempt).
    I do not have time to configure a mobile Java environment now, and GZip* and Zlib* stuff may really go a bit arcane sometimes. However I do use PHP nowadays, so if the problem persists, you can send me some compressed files and I can try decompressing them with PHP. Address: freemail.hu is the host, and tevemadar is the user.
    But make sure that you have tried the zip-related API-s first, they should support your file (with ZipOutputStream) without any extra configuration.

I have changed my code. Its using gzipOutputStream. Do you know any php function that can uncompress it ?

I have tried many php function to uncompress data sent by jazzlib but none is working. Please can you help me ?. Remember am using GzipOutputStream not ZipOutputStream anymore.

Speaking of "remember", remember that as I wrote I have no mobile Java environment+jazzlib here. If you send me (or put here as an attachment) some compressed output, I can check it. It does not have to be your super-secret data of course, any kind of test content would do the job.
    You can also do some checks yourself of course, for understanding/validating what is in your data, you can usually start with the related Wikipedia article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gzip. For example it says the lenght of the original content is supposed to appear at the very end of your gzipped blob. The related RFC-s contain the header structure, including the magic number which is expected to be there. Then with a file viewer it is possible to check if it is really there, etc.