Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Cool How to create a theme for Nokia smartphones and publish in the nokia store

How to create a theme for Nokia smartphones and publish in the nokia store.

I want brief explaination on that.

Super Contributor

Re: How to create a theme for Nokia smartphones and publish in the nokia store

For Nokia's Symbian/S60 and Series 40 phones, you use the Carbide.ui tool to build the themes: https://www.developer.nokia.com/Reso...er/Carbide.ui/

And to publish things in the Nokia Store, you sign up to become a publisher via http://info.publish.nokia.com/

Regular Contributor

Thank you very much for the links . can u please say how to get individyual media publisher account without company name etc , I already have a Nokia publisher account with me.

Nokia Developer Moderator

So what content types you have available in the publisher portal once you are trying t create new content item ?

Regular Contributor

Sorry Yucca I got canfused with the media publisher account . Can u explain what it is ? and what for ? . Yes in my publsiher account "Theme" option is there in new content item.

you could try and got to https://publish.nokia.com/welcome and see what it is about.

Regular Contributor

Thank you I got it and dont require it any more . I have started creating themes now.

Regular Contributor

Iam not understanding the create sis package procedure mainly making key pairs. I need to take seperate key pair for themes or the symbian key pair works?.

Note: I want brief on handle key Pairs and what it means by "password should match with the private key file"

Which instructions are you using ?
    Basically I'm assuming that you dont want to use your own certificate (i.e. you dont have your own publicer ID), then you would request UIDs for your themes from Nokia store, and ask them to sing them.

To be fully honest I can not remember seeing Themes signed by the store, but you could ask whether you can do that while requesting for the UIDs.

Alongside UIDs you would get certificate which you could use for testing time.

Regular Contributor

Iam following the "Welcome" under Help option in the carbide. ui symbian theme edition. Iam having certifiacte key pair for publsihing symbian and Qt applications. I want to know whether they work for themes.

Now Iam unable to make key pair and create signed sis package.