Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Auto-Subscription for created threads

Would it nice to add the auto-subscription feature for discussion boards.I noticed the same when i joined qt discussion boards(when qt.nokia.com) & i think its quite a nice feature.

It happens quite a few times that you have asked something & no response is received from anyone on that query but suddenly after some days someone notices that thread & answers the query, may be by the time it is answered you might have got the solution already but yes it may be useful for others. Even if this is not case then it might be quite useful to notify the user in normal scenario as well that someone answered in the thread he created.
    Though an option to subscribe to a thread is already there, but i think implementing that as default feature would be nice.

seeking suggestions..

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Auto-Subscription for created threads

If I understand you correctly, its already there. Go to Forum Actions above-general settings. There you have "Default thread subscription mode" which you can set to your preference.

Edit: This can ofcourse be changed for specific thread when you are answering (in tha advanced editor), below you can change whatever is default set.