Discussion Board

Merging 3 content items to one

Due to billing matrix and low app prices in India and some other countries, I decided to have my app as 3 different content items, each having it's own price. Let's call them 'MyApp - India', 'MyApp - Asia' and 'MyApp - Global' (for the rest of the world).

Now, after few months, it turned out to be a bad idea: more work for me, more work for Nokia QA and most important: numbers of downloads, purchases, rates and comments, are all split between this 3 versions.

I want to have only one version, but how to merge it?
    My idea is to unpublish 'India' and 'Asia' version, and change 'Global' to target also these countries where I unpublished.
    But will there be problem with people who already downloaded or purchased these unpublished versions? How to forward them to this 'Global' version? How can they receive updates from Global version (as they have India/Asia version)?

Re: Merging 3 content items to one

"I want to have only one version, but how to merge it?"
    There is no way to merge your content in a customer friendly way in this case as they are separate content items.

"But will there be problem with people who already downloaded or purchased these unpublished versions?"
    Yes, as India and Asia version customers would need in this case to pay the global version again to get the updates for global version.