Discussion Board

Stlport build errors

I am trying to build the msrs part of speechme ,a project that uses stlport, and then I am getting these strange errors related to stlport headers like these:

C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:44: error: expected initializer before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:167: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:167: error: expected ')' before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:167: error: expected initializer before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:169: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:169: error: expected ')' before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:169: error: expected initializer before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:171: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:171: error: expected ')' before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:171: error: expected initializer before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:173: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:173: error: expected ')' before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_new.h:173: error: expected initializer before '&' token
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlport/stl/_num_get.c:236: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous 'else'

By the way, I am using the Symbian3 SDK 1.0.

Have any of you seen this before and know of a possible solution?

Regular Contributor

Re: Stlport build errors

I've had too many problems with stlport. For what I remember you should use stlportv5 with Symbian3, it is much better.

Nokia Developer Moderator

It may be a simple semicolon issue, that produces very misleading error messages, in totally unrelated files. Make sure that no #include line in your code ends with an accidental semicolon, and also make sure that the class declarations have a semicolon after them. It is especially easy to forget for the very last class in a header file.

I have studied the output further and have found that the error is not coming from stlport files being included but rather from #include <vector> and #include <iostream> which are indirectly including these files. Does it make any difference and would it help if I could make those use stlportv5, also how would I go about that?

Ok I have just changed the import path from stlport to stlportv5 and now have new errors like these:

C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0_2/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlportv5/stl/_alloc.h:210: undefined reference to `std::__node_alloc::_M_deallocate(void*, unsigned int)'
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0_2/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlportv5/stl/_alloc.h:207: undefined reference to `std::__node_alloc::_M_allocate(unsigned int&)'
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0_2/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlportv5/stl/_new.h:165: undefined reference to `backend_free(void*)'
    C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0_2/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlportv5/stl/_new.h:157: undefined reference to `backend_allocate(unsigned int)'

and I get this though I'm not sure if it's significant:
    c:/progra~2/codeso~1/source~1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/bin/ld.exe: warning: C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0_2/epoc32/release/armv5/udeb/usrt3_1.lib(ucppinit.o) uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit enums; use of enum values across objects may fail

Regular Contributor

You probably have SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include\stlport somewhere in your mmp files. Change it to SYSTEMINCLUDE \epoc32\include\stdapis\stlportv5 to try stlportv5. stlportv5 is newer version of stlport so I would use it anyway.

My guess is that you can circumvent this problem with putting #include <iostream> or <vector> as your first include. There is probably some defines in other includes which are conflicting with stlport. They can be quite hard to track so this "quick fix" might be useful.

edit: was bit too late..
    you need to check libs too "LIBRARY libstdcppv5.lib" for stlportv5

Ok thanks adding the lib worked