Discussion Board

Thread: publisher id

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Question publisher id

I got a publisher Id , and I tried to sign mysis file with the publisher Id (.cer and .key) ,

In the documentation it says like this

. Publisher ID
    Publisher ID is a certificate used to assure you work for a company and you have the permission to represent that company. The cost of a Publisher ID is 200USD and it is valid for a year.
    In Symbian Signed the Publisher ID is used to: 1. Verify your account, i.e., open access to the professional functions of the signing portal.

I couldnot find a link to verify my publisher Id in symbiansigned.com

and I tried to install the app , but the installation is not proceeding ,it gives certificate error

-J

Regular Contributor

Re: publisher id

and there is a password option while signing with publisher Id , is it mandatory ? if i used a password while backing up the certificate from browser?

Nokia Developer Expert

basically the password is set when you make the cer & key files from the pfx file, so if you did not use one, then you don't need to specify one either when using the cer & key files.

Not certain if there has been any changes lately, earlier, you simply uploaded a publisher certificate signed file into the Symbian signed and got the account verified that way, so have you seen such an option available there still ?

Regular Contributor

I havenot seen an option to upload a test fsis file.. and The interesting thing is its not complaining while im signing with publisher id if im not using the password with signsis.(eventhough i used a password while extracting)

Nokia Developer Moderator

I have not been the the Symbian Signed portal for a long time, but in older days there was a [Verify account] link for this purpose on the top of the page. There you would get a page to upload any package signed with you Publisher ID.

Regular Contributor

I saw the link uploaded the signed sis file now it says verified account!! doesnt say whether my publisher Id is working or not!