Discussion Board

Hybrid View

g.729 codec integration with the pjsip stack

Hell there,

I have developed symbian applications but never worked on voip based application. Now i am working on one. Basically i am new in
    developing this kind of application.

The application uses pjsip libraries for the voip functionality. The version of pjsip which i am using right now has
    g.7211 codec with it. I came to know about that from the directory structure of pjsip. There is pjsiproject-->thirdparty-->g7221 directory.
    Even though the voip app is working fine, now i have to integrate g.729 codec in the pjsip stack for the application.
    I tried searching the forum and i came to know about APS which supports g729 but i am not sure what exactly is that.

I am following these links for this:
    http://www.pjsip.org/sip_symbian.htm
    http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/Dev...AppWithCarbide

If i understand in simple terms, g.729 should be integrated in the same fashion as the already integrated g.7211. That means i need the
    source code for g.729 written in c language first and then follow the steps from the links above to build the code with pjsip and do the
    configuration. This is how i understand it.

I need suggestions or steps on how to go about this. Where to download the source code for g.729 codec etc. etc.
    I am sure someone must have done such kind of apps. Please suggest steps and links.

Thank you very much,
    Raj

Re: g.729 codec integration with the pjsip stack

Ok after some high level investigation looks like it can be done in 3 ways:
    1. Using Intel IPP with pjmedia in pjsip project. It says it supports g.729 but i am not sure if that is integrated within Intel IPP or not. If not, i still have to integrate it, now to intel ipp.
    2. using Audio Proxy Server (APS) which also says that it supports g.729 but not sure if its integrated. And APS comes in different versions for s60 3rd MR and s60 3rd FP1.
    3. i am thinking if i could get the source code for g.729 codec and integrate with pjsip project just like g.722 which is already integrated with pjsip project. i don't know how much feasible this one is.

i tried to run the pjsip project on s60 3rd MR emulator by building the project as it comes with little modifications.
    Build completed successfully but when i ran the emulator, it shows console and says press any key to exit, or sometimes it just crashed.
    somebody let me know if there are some other tuning required to run it on emulator. once i am able to do this, i want to see which codecs get
    loaded by default and then i can work on option 3.

let me know your views.

thanks,
    raj

Looks like nobody has done it on symbian is it?

I haven't :-( There are people checking this forum, so no response after a few days usually means that we don't have anyone with the specific expertise requried

Alright i got that.

Now i am sticking with using VoIP Audio Service in symbian. There is documentation available on how to use enable VAS in pjsip but it does not seem complete.
    I guess there are more configuration settings to be done in the pjsip project to enable VAS. Let me know if somebody has worked on it.

I am following this link http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/VAS. I hope somebody has tried this one.

I followed everything from this link and installed the sisx on the device but i am not sure of one thing.
    - How do i know which codecs are enabled and which one's are not?
    - At the end of the page, they say in common problems that-
    G729 is missing but other codecs seem to be detected

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Raj