Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Developer Library

MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Developer Library

I am wondering if this page should be sticky to the top.

Re: MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Developer Library

Maybe I missed the memo but... is there ANY documentation still available? Why deleting everything? Is Nokia ashamed of having done amazing things?

Nokia Developer Moderator

There was a sudden site renewal just 2 days ago, and yes, Symbian, Maemo/MeeGo and Qt stuff are gone. Maybe some of the stuff will come back via Tools archive, but it is not available now (but it existed earlier).

As Wizard says, we've made a site update, which prioritises the newer platforms.

That said, we still intend to host the meego developer library on the site, and I am working on getting that uploaded. It should be available from the wiki from next week. It will be the same offline version previously updated, and I would assume that if you're an active meego developer you should already have a copy.
    Last edited by hamishwillee; 2014-01-30 at 06:52.

The library is here. This is currently linked from the wiki category page.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    The library is here. This is currently linked from the wiki category page.
    Hi All

I am trying to find a library called NDEF Push but unfortunately cannot find it any more. Apparently was available as additional libraries to the QtSDK but are no longer available...

It is very sad the path Nokia chose, can you image the hardware of the Lumia 1020 with MeeGo OS and all the developers ecosystem around it? I cannot believe it would be a smaller market than Windows Mobile...

If you can help me locating that library, please let me know.

Regards
    HMCosta

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hmnmcosta View Post
    Hi All

I am trying to find a library called NDEF Push but unfortunately cannot find it any more. Apparently was available as additional libraries to the QtSDK but are no longer available...

It is very sad the path Nokia chose, can you image the hardware of the Lumia 1020 with MeeGo OS and all the developers ecosystem around it? I cannot believe it would be a smaller market than Windows Mobile...

If you can help me locating that library, please let me know.

Regards
    HMCosta
    Hi HMCosta,

Welcome to the Nokia Developer discussion boards.

I have an archive of files that it might be in, but I'm not sure exactly how it's packaged and therefore don't really know where to look. I've asked for guidance from someone who might know but he's out of office until next week. If anyone can provide me with the exact filename I can try to look it up that way; otherwise we can wait to hear back from my colleague and see if he knows.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Hi HMCosta,

Welcome to the Nokia Developer discussion boards.

I have an archive of files that it might be in, but I'm not sure exactly how it's packaged and therefore don't really know where to look. I've asked for guidance from someone who might know but he's out of office until next week. If anyone can provide me with the exact filename I can try to look it up that way; otherwise we can wait to hear back from my colleague and see if he knows.

Jen
    Hi Jen

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am trying to use the NDEFPusher Class on Windows 64bits development environment. Unless I am misunderstanding something I will need the libndefpush-dev and qt-mobility development packages for Windows 64 bits QtSDK. It looks like in the past they were available as an additional download forthe QtSDK and I cannot find it any more...

Thank you in advance for any help

Regards,

HMCosta

Quote Originally Posted by hmnmcosta View Post
    Hi Jen

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am trying to use the NDEFPusher Class on Windows 64bits development environment. Unless I am misunderstanding something I will need the libndefpush-dev and qt-mobility development packages for Windows 64 bits QtSDK. It looks like in the past they were available as an additional download forthe QtSDK and I cannot find it any more...

Thank you in advance for any help

Regards,

HMCosta
    Hi HMCosta,

I can only find two relevant packages:
    Qt_SDK_Win_online-QtSdk-online-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe
    and
    Qt_SDK_Win_offline-QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe

Is either of those what you need?

If not you might be able to find what you're looking for at:
    http://qt.digia.com/

Hi HMCosta,

I can only find two relevant packages:
    Qt_SDK_Win_online-QtSdk-online-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe
    and
    Qt_SDK_Win_offline-QtSdk-offline-win-x86-v1_2_1.exe

Is either of those what you need?

If not you might be able to find what you're looking for at:
    http://qt.digia.com/
    Hi BuildNokia

Thank you very much for trying. I have downloaded the offline file and installed over my existing installation just to see if the NDEF Push library was added in the mean time but not only it was not as also deleted my existing QtSDK Harmattan target files. After some time I managed to make it compile again the projects that do not use the NDEF Push library.

I do appreciate your effort but probably only people that have worked on the MeegGo project knows where those libraries are. Apparently it was made available as additional downloads to the QtSDK. After installation it was even necessary to configure the target in order to allow it to compile for the ARM.

I searched in Google to see if there was a copy somewhere but not luck. I would like though to understand why it was made available as a separated package and not integrated into the QtSDK... was it because the API became obsolete, which I think not, or because the MeeGo work was cancelled before the integration being done...

If by any chance you have some contacts of old people involved on the NFCs for the N9, please let me know or please ask them if they have a copy...

In the mean time I have to recover my N9s that some friends asked me to use since I am stuck. You cannot imagine how that phone really hypnotise people...

Best regards,

Bummer, I'm sorry that didn't work. I unfortunately don't know anyone who know about the N9, and I personally have no idea how to answer your questions about why it was made available as a separate package.

I hope you're able to recover your development environment back to the way it was, and maybe someday you'll find that QtSDK download. Best of luck to you.

Jen
    How can I help?

jennifer.jobart@microsoft.com

Bummer, I'm sorry that didn't work. I unfortunately don't know anyone who know about the N9, and I personally have no idea how to answer your questions about why it was made available as a separate package.

I hope you're able to recover your development environment back to the way it was, and maybe someday you'll find that QtSDK download. Best of luck to you.

Jen
    Hi Jennifer

Thank you very much for your support however I am a little confused with your question on how you can help. I managed to recover my developing environment but still no luck with the SNEP Push library...

As you don't know anyone with knowledge on that library neither nobody else that has read this forum has provided any extra help... I am afraid I will have to live with what is provided by the "regular" SDK :-(

But life goes on ;-)

Best regards,

Henrique