Discussion Board

Anyone actually been able to extend existing subscription with a MS dev center token?

I have an existing WP dev center account. I signed up for this 'premium' Nokia membership and now have a token I can use to :-

I already have a membership in the Windows Phone Dev Center. Does this benefit help me?
    Yes. You can use this benefit to extend your existing Windows Phone Dev Center membership by one year. So, for example, if your membership in Windows Phone Dev Center were to expire in January 2013, you could use this benefit to extend your expiration date to January 2014.

The trouble is there is no way to redeem this without going through MS helpdesk who are pretty useless, either not knowing what to do or passing it 'higher' with a 'we'll get back to you' promise that never happens.

Has anyone actually been able to use a token to extend and if so how?

Thx

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Anyone actually been able to extend existing subscription with a MS dev center to

The title is now more resembling the content if you do not mind.
    For new users, the code seems to be used as a payment option ("Pay for annual subscription", "I'am a student", "I have a promo code").
    It may be useful to see if there is any way to extend your membership at this very moment. It may easily happen that pages/buttons/etc. regarding membership extension/renewal become available (say) in the last month of your current term.

Re: Anyone actually been able to extend existing subscription with a MS dev center to

Reply I got from MS Dev Center Support:
    You can redeem the token here. However, you shouldn't do this until your account actually expires (Feb 1, 2013). If you renew right now your original subscription date will be shorted on time.

Nokia Developer Moderator

That is some useful info, thanks for sharing.
    Apparently links in quotation-style are not very visible, so that "here" is repeated here: https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/A...riptionOptions

Nevermind looks like there is a resolution.

My account in Dev Center it's about to expire, in account manager I can't see an option to renew. So I made an support ticket and they respond to me:

"We are sorry to hear that you have encountered difficulties renewing your subscription. Please see the following link to renew your subscription.
    https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/Account/SubscriptionOptions"

Using that link I can select to pay for renew or use some promo code. It's now that came the frustrating thing, I put the token key in promo code and then after confirm I received an error message:
    "This doesn’t appear to be a valid promo code. Make sure you’ve entered it correctly and try again."

Trying another talk with Microsoft support...

Yep,
    You can redeem the token here. However, you shouldn't do this until your account actually expires (Feb 1, 2013). If you renew right now your original subscription date will be shorted on time.
    This term make sense, but in my case I had to wait expire. Using the link to renew before expire results in error message from promo code (the token).
    Now, after expire you will receive the email notifying that you have 30 days to renew, so if use the token on promo code will work.
    This should be more clearer on FAQ.