Discussion Board

Access ICCID in a J2ME application

I wonder how can I make a j2me application that can access the ICCID of the SIM card in Nokia ASHA 200
    If anyone can help I would be very grateful. any information already help.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Access ICCID in a J2ME application

Did you do a search on the site? Not tried it myself, but answers like this one would seem to indicate "no".

somehow help, despite the link to the site Gemalto be broken. Regarding the discussion, is spoken you need is a SIM prepared and a signature of the operator. If possible I would like to know how you can get that signature, if your service provider or the Nokia and if not is there any way to access the SIM without preparation given that the application will serve to effect the sale of the same, just not will be possible to change them all. Thank you in advance for your attention

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lianker View Post
    somehow help, despite the link to the site Gemalto be broken.
    That is not a real issue: http://developer.gemalto.com/fileadm...Guidelines.pdf is the non-working link. However, since it has a very specific file name in it (Java_Card_STK_Applet_Development_Guidelines.pdf), you can just search for that, with Google for example. Then you will see that they apparently replaced the underscores with spaces and included a dash in 2009: http://developer.gemalto.com/fileadm...Guidelines.pdf

Good Afernon

after a brief read on the document link below, I saw that most of the guidelines referred to applications inside the SIM Card, I understand that APDU is the means of communication between the SIM applications (aplets) and phone applications (midlets) . The information I need is the ICCID, however the application must identify this given several different chips, it makes me doubt whether it is possible in such application.
    if possible this implementation would like information on how I should proceed if it is possible only with APDU or if there are other options and a sequence of steps to obtain the certificadosnecessarios for that.
    and also if there is a default command APDU to a message that I return the ICCID. Thank you so much already.

application is intended to Nokia ASHA 200

good afternoon

new research on the site, I saw the video 40training Series: Forms and dualsim, this video was the seuinte method to extract the IMSI

public static String getImsi () {
             return System.getProperty ("com.nokia.mid.Imsi");
         }

being that a permit was required for the operator level. I wonder if it would be possible to extract the ICCD in the same way using the method below.

public static String getIccid () {
             return System.getProperty ("com.nokia.mid.iccid");
         }

I would also like information on how to obtain these certificates field operator and manufacturer. I appreciate the response and attention now

Not from here. Operator signing has do be done with (all of) your network operator(s). And being signed by Nokia – you must be very big player to convince them. In the last decade of J2ME, only WhatsApp succeeded. If you do a an academic project, you can hack all your testing phones to by-pass this requirement.