Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Cool I want to build a simple web application (wgt) which can play a rtsp live stream

I want to build a simple web application (wgt) which can play a rtsp live stream. How do I begin to build a aplication which can play rtsp live stream/ video usiing Nokia web tools etc.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: I want to build a simple web application (wgt) which can play a rtsp live stream

Hi,

You should have all that you need in this thread:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ample-provided

But before you start coding, make sure that the stream is supported in your target devices. To do this, make a web page with a link to those streams and try opening streams one by one and see if the play correctly.

Br,
    Ilkka

Super Contributor

Re: I want to build a simple web application (wgt) which can play a rtsp live stream

isalento infact Iam the the same person who posted that query about playing video too

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ample-provided

Now please solve my query .

Nokia Developer Expert

Did you try if the streams work on actual device?
    If they don't work, then it is impossible to make such an application.

Br,
    Ilkka

Super Contributor

I dont have any s40 device. Iam testing my app only on the simulator and RDA . But RDA is not supporting playing rtsp stream when tried on RDA.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

I tested the Yupp streams in my devices as well and they did not work.
    So I'm sorry to say, but streams in question will not work on Series 40 devices

Below is SDP information of the rtsp://cdn.m.yuppcdn.net/liveorigin/saharamp3 stream (Fun Asia Low)

profile-level-id says what the stream is. 42C0 identifies it as a baseline profile for H264, but the level (1E) says that it is level 3.0, which is not supported.
    Level 2.0 would safe bet to use with S40 FT devices, supporting streaming.

Code:
    v=0
    o=- 1986074856 1986074856 IN IP4 94.75.xxx.xxx
    s=YuppTV
    c=IN IP4 94.75.xxx.xxx
    t=0 0
    a=sdplang:en
    a=range:npt=now-
    a=control:*
    m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 96
    a=rtpmap:96 mpeg4-generic/44100/1
    a=fmtp:96 profile-level-id=1;mode=AAC-hbr;sizelength=13;indexlength=3;indexdeltalength=3;config=1208
    a=control:trackID=1
    m=video 0 RTP/AVP 97
    a=rtpmap:97 H264/90000
    a=fmtp:97 packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=42C01E;sprop-parameter-sets=Z0LAHqsgKD9/4ACAAGIAAAMAAgAAAwAIHixckA==,aM4yyA==
    a=cliprect:0,0,240,320
    a=framesize:97 320-240
    a=framerate:2.0
    a=control:trackID=2
    Br,
    Ilkka
    Last edited by isalento; 2012-11-19 at 12:42. Reason: more info

Banned

Ok Ilkka leave it then plz inform me which type of steams can be played and How the video in basic NewsReader

application is played ?

Level 2.0 would safe bet to use with S40 FT devices, supporting streaming.? ?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

Streaming support varies over the devices, but common base could be 3GPP container using H.263 or MPEG-4 SP (level 45) codecs/profiles.
    In some devices H264 Base Profile (level 2.0) is also supported. AAC for audio.

Anyhow the best bet is to just to use actual device to test, if stream in question works.
    There are so many combinations out there, that all of those cannot be listed.

Br,
    Ilkka

Super Contributor

Isalento can u give me the idea of playing a video in the NewsReader s40 web app.

Super Contributor

Cool Can rtsp live streams be played on s40 devices in web apps or .wgts etc?

Can rtsp live streams be played on s40 devices in web apps or .wgts etc?

Nokia Developer Expert

Once you find a compatible stream, it is just as simple as opening the stream address with either <a href="rtsp://_yourstream_url_">video</a> or using mwl.loadURL("rtsp://_yourstream_url_");.
    In either case browser launches the native video player, which in turn handles the playback.

Br,
    Ilkka

Super Contributor

thank u very muck lkka . AS I dont have one s40 device can u please check one url for me on the device.

rtsp://cdn.m.yuppcdn.net/liveorigin/saharamp3.

Simulator does'nt have the feature to play video it seems.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2012-11-20 at 14:20.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can rtsp live streams be played on s40 devices in web apps or .wgts etc?

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Can rtsp live streams be played on s40 devices in web apps or .wgts etc?
    As has been requested to you on various occasions by many moderators, please do not start fresh threads unnecessarily when you already have a thread going on for the same topic (I remember on many occasions you having more than 2 threads..and many for that matter for same topic)

I have already merged your threads on this occasion too as I have done in the past.

Thanks!!

Super Contributor

Cool Re: I want to build a simple web application (wgt) which can play a rtsp live stream

Iam attaching the screen shot please see it

s4oweb app.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by isalento View Post
    Once you find a compatible stream, it is just as simple as opening the stream address with either <a href="rtsp://_yourstream_url_">video</a> or using mwl.loadURL("rtsp://_yourstream_url_");.
    In either case browser launches the native video player, which in turn handles the playback.

Br,
    Ilkka