Discussion Board

Exclamation NokiaPublishing Media failed quality assurance--Maximum JAR size exceeded

I need help whith this problem. I developed an j2me app using the nokia lwuit library. When i try to upload the app to ovi store they say

ISSUE #1: SUMMARY: Maximum JAR size exceeded.
    ACTUAL RESULTS: The JAR file uploaded exceeds the Maximum JAR size imposed by the device.
    EXPECTED RESULTS: In order to be able to install the application, the JAR size must be lower than 256kb on S40 5th Edition LE.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: All above devices.

But if i use the S40-no-themes.jar lwuit lib the app is 280kb whith only one form.
    I probed this app in s40 device like c3 and works fine.

If nokia demos app jar size are larger than 256kb how they can upload to ovi?

Re: NokiaPublishing Media failed quality assurance--Maximum JAR size exceeded

Is it even worth to support S40 5th Lite Edition ?

Did you use obfuscator?

Maybe you can try to manually remove classes/images from LWUIT which are not needed. You probably don't use all components/images.

Martin, this phones have very low memory.
    You can try compact your images with "RIOT" Radical Image Optimization Tool for Windows. If that is not enough, you'll have to rebuild your application using other techniques to keep the JAR small, probably without using LWUIT.
    Remember to always check the specification of the device you'll develop for to know your limitations.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by martin.hamon View Post
    EXPECTED RESULTS: In order to be able to install the application, the JAR size must be lower than 256kb on S40 5th Edition LE.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: All above devices.

But if i use the S40-no-themes.jar lwuit lib the app is 280kb whith only one form.
    I probed this app in s40 device like c3 and works fine.
    Note that Series 40 is not a flat platform, you should select the variants you want to support.
    C3-00 is a Series 40 6th edition device, with 2-megabyte JAR limit (https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...cations/C3-00/), C3-01 is Feature Pack 1 in addition (https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...cations/C3-01/), same limit. No wonder that a 280 kb .jad worked on them.
    However the message clearly mentions that compatibility with S40 5th LE was selected. Those devices are here: https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...er2=s40_5ed_le, and maximum JAR size is indeed 256 kilobytes for them.

(JAR size limit is listed under "Memory functions")