Discussion Board

how to edit icons in carbide ui sereis40...for nokia asha 306

hey there...........my asha 306 browser..chat..mail..social and counters are not opening...when i touch them it automatically close itself..please help me....if not i will not be able to use internet...please help.
    Last edited by 11popo; 2012-12-02 at 14:45.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: how to edit icons in carbide ui sereis40...for nokia asha 306

Welcome to the Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

this is not the answer for question. useless link.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by le_d View Post
    this is not the answer for question. useless link.
    Welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion baord, if you have queries, you could always try making a new thread, instead of replying on older ones with follow up messages not related to original query.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion baord, if you have queries, you could always try making a new thread, instead of replying on older ones with follow up messages not related to original query.
    Try to answer the question!

Super Contributor

Thanks for pointing out that the question hadn't been answered. Symbianyucca interpreted this as an end-user (rather than "development") question - and responded appropriately for that case. He is probably wrong (in a forum about theme editing), but it wasn't unreasonable as we get a lot of end-user questions which aren't appropriate. He may not know the answer to the original question.

FYI, A better response than "this is not the answer for question. useless link." would be "I think this question IS about theme development rather than being an end-user question". Tone of voice is really important because everyone here is a volunteer, and they don't have to help you. Enough said.

-----

SO TO ALL READERS, the unanswered question here is:

How can I change the menu icons used in my theme (for use on nokia asha 306)

How can I change the menu icons used in my theme (for use on nokia asha 306) ? PLEASE HELP

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by SERISO View Post
    How can I change the menu icons used in my theme (for use on nokia asha 306) ? PLEASE HELP
    As far as I can tell this is not supported - see http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...l=1#post896101

Quote Originally Posted by 11popo View Post
    hey there...........my asha 306 browser..chat..mail..social and counters are not opening...when i touch them it automatically close itself..please help me....if not i will not be able to use internet...please help.
    i had the same problems also.. i don't know why it automatically closes..
    Can someone help us please!!!
    Thanks for advance.

Hello,
    I am Narendra Kumar. You can find me at store as "Narendra Themes" as of Now.. But Not sure about future Because Nokia peoples have not selected me for there latest theme publisher partners..forget this..
    Now come on the topic.. you have asked a very good question, I have also asked the same with some additional question.. and I have got answer from carbide team that we can not change or edit icons for Asha full touch devices..
    Now Real story starts here while playing with carbide.ui for s40 I have discovered a way through which you can change some of these icons not all.
    For Doing so while making the theme shift in to compact.ui plugin of the carbide.ui.. and edit those icons which are available there after editing those icons again shift in to Asha full touch plugin.. icons which have changed will not show any type of change in carbide.ui but all those changed icons can easily seen when the theme will be applied to any full touch device...

Hope I have helped you at some extent.. don't hesitate to ask anything related to this I will surely help you if I am able to help
    Thanks and My Best Regard
    Quote Originally Posted by SERISO View Post
    Narendra Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by narendrakumar987 View Post
    Hello,
    I am Narendra Kumar. You can find me at store as "Narendra Themes" as of Now.. But Not sure about future Because Nokia peoples have not selected me for there latest theme publisher partners..forget this..
    Now come on the topic.. you have asked a very good question, I have also asked the same with some additional question.. and I have got answer from carbide team that we can not change or edit icons for Asha full touch devices..
    Now Real story starts here while playing with carbide.ui for s40 I have discovered a way through which you can change some of these icons not all.
    For Doing so while making the theme shift in to compact.ui plugin of the carbide.ui.. and edit those icons which are available there after editing those icons again shift in to Asha full touch plugin.. icons which have changed will not show any type of change in carbide.ui but all those changed icons can easily seen when the theme will be applied to any full touch device...

Hope I have helped you at some extent.. don't hesitate to ask anything related to this I will surely help you if I am able to help
    Thanks and My Best Regard

Thank you so much NR bro... It was a smart answer!!