Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Express Signed error: "Your file could not be processed for unknown reason."

Hi,

I try to express sign a symbian C++ app for ^3 phones and I get a generic "Express Signed error: "Your file could not be processed for unknown reason."
    My app does not have any capabilities in MMP.
    Its an SDL-symbian app so it has a DLL which is at the range (UID3) of 0xE**** but does not have capabilities in MMP too.
    Also I have other custom LIBs. The app is at the range of (UID3) 0x2****.

How can I express sign this app or how can I know what is causing the error?
    The file is signed with my Publisher ID which is valid.

If I compile it with a UID3 at the range of 0xA**** it installs fine and runs fine on a device but I want to publish it on the Ovi store.
    I tried to have it with a UID3 at the range of 0x2**** unsigned and choose Nokia to sign it for free at the Ovi store but I got a respond:
    "FAILED: Unable to access application content." "SUMMARY: When launching the application, it stops loading and does not start. A s a result,the application content cannot be accessed."

can anyone help?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Express Signed error: "Your file could not be processed for unknown reason."

0xE is development range. You should not distribute anything with such UID.
    0xA is the unprotected release range, normally you use it with self-signing.
    For avoiding warning messages and especially for distribution via Nokia Store you should stick with the 0x2 range.
    Are you aware of that you can test your final, release code with your developer certificate? Consider trying that.

Note that Express Signed is a paid service on http://www.symbiansigned.com. Since later you mention free signing, it may be useful to put a reminder here that free signing works with UID-s assigned by Nokia (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...bian-apps.html). You certainly have not received 0xE or 0xA range UID-s from the Nokia Publisher program.

Re: Express Signed error: "Your file could not be processed for unknown reason."

I have sent and email for the free service today. Lets see if this kind of signing solves the error: "SUMMARY: When launching the application, it stops loading and does not start. A s a result,the application content cannot be accessed."

Quote Originally Posted by crazysoft View Post
    I have sent and email for the free service today. Lets see if this kind of signing solves the error: "SUMMARY: When launching the application, it stops loading and does not start. A s a result,the application content cannot be accessed."
    That's nice, but you should also do everything suggested by Wizard_hu.

Nokia gave me 2 UIDs in the range of: 0xA89F****
    One for the game and one for the DLL.

I have already made a sis file with the UID: 0xA89F**** and uploaded it unsigned to Ovi store.
    I have indicated 0xA89F**** in AppUID field and Requesting Nokia signing.
    When I click 'Validate' it gives me 3 errors and doesn't let me continue:

Errors
    105 - The package UID is not valid: 0xa89f****.
    106 - The exe/dll UID3 is not valid: 0xa89f****.
    107 - The exe/dll SID is not valid: 0xa89f****.

What is the problem?

Thread is moved to the Publishing board now. This thing with getting 0xA UID-s really puzzles me. Have you really got it via step 1 of http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...bian-apps.html (note that you may have to open the link twice in order to get the correct page). It explicitly says
    Quote Originally Posted by page
    We send you UIDs for your app from our protected range, a certificate installer for the devices, and developer certificate/key pair for testing.
    Which ("our protected range") can not be 0xA in my opinion.

I agree 100% but they have sent me 0xa89f****. I emailed them.

Today I got an answer and they gave me new UIDs in the range of 0x2. I compiled the game and published it in OVI store without any problem. Now I am waiting for the tests.

Well, hopefully this riddle is solved now. Though I have to admit I do not understand it entirely.

Regular Contributor

You should get uid with 0x2 because that is what required to publish your app.0xA is for selfsigned and 0xE is for app under development

The riddle continues...

I have tested my app on my Belle testing phone (Nokia 603) with self signing (0xA) and it works perfectly.
    I have installed the app on both, internal memory, external and memory card.
    I have even returned the phone to factory state to be sure I don't have any libs pre-installed.

Now, when I publish the app (unsigned) with my Nokia 0x2 UID, in the Nokia Store and target it to ^3 and Belle phones, QA teams keeps rejecting it with that reason:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Comments from the QA team:
    FAILED: Unable to access application content.

SUMMARY: When launching the application, it stops loading and does not start. A s a result,the application content cannot be accessed. Verified on Nokia 700, E6-00 Belle, E7-00 Belle, C7-00.

EXPECTED RESULT: The content should install, launch, and run properly without any errors. (public, Moderation in progress -> Qa failed)

I cannot replicate the error and that is why I asked the support team to tell me more details about it.
    They told me: "Upon checking, I have verified that you were notified by our QA team that your application failed specifically on Nokia 700, E6-00 Belle, E7-00 Belle, and Nokia C7-00. Please be informed that to be able to reproduce the issue you have to use one of the Nokia devices stated above."

That is why I re-submitted and removed these phones completely. I still got this respond:
    Comments from the QA team:

SUMMARY: When launching the application, it stops loading and does not start. As a result,the application content cannot be accessed.

EXPECTED RESULT: The content should install, launch, and run properly without any errors. (public, Moderation in progress -> Qa failed)

This is so weird!
    Its been a month and I still cannot submit my app.
    I feel that all this work (porting) was wasted.

I wrote to the support again and ask for more info about the error (again) but I got no response yet.
    Anyone got a clue?
    Or even better, anyone got a Nokia 700, E6-00 Belle, E7-00 Belle, Nokia C7-00 phone?

Thanks,

Can you PM me with the content ID, I'll check on Monday what's up on it.

ok done. thanks a lot.

Checked it, and suspecting you have corrupted test environment, thus read the PM I sent you back, and see where the crash is coming from with clean testing device.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Checked it, and suspecting you have corrupted test environment, thus read the PM I sent you back, and see where the crash is coming from with clean testing device.
    This is very frustrating. Its been 2 months now and still I wasn't able to publish my game on the Nokia App Store. I wonder why even bother porting it...
    My game installs 100% when I have set the UID to: 0xA001**** but when I change it to 0x2006**** (nokia assigned uid) in order to upload it on the Nokia store it always fails.
    (In the SIS Properties->Signing Options, I set it to Don't sign sis file because it will be signed later by Nokia right?)

My test environment phone is not corrupted, I have factory wiped it clean (including files).
    This is the only feedback Nokia gives me for failing it:
    --------------------------

SUMMARY: When launching the application, it stops loading and does not start. As a result,the application content cannot be accessed.

EXPECTED RESULT: The content should install, launch, and run properly without any errors.
    --------------------------
    Any help is appreciated...