Discussion Board

PCSuite BT Xircom 6310i

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect a Nokia6310i(FW5.5) to Laptop with Xircom Bluetooth credit card (latest drv 1.1 and fw 12.3).

The devices are easily discovered and I can establish a connection on the 1st Serial Port with key pair - the phone goes in "connecting" mode for a second and tells me "connected with the laptop" - no problem.

BUT, I cannot connect on the serial port (PCSuite). I'm asked for a key pair - which is accepted - the Xircom BT browser tells me that the connection is 'ON' (on COM7) - but the phone remains in "Connecting..." (for ever). So I conclude that the Xircom BT browser has the impression it's connected, but the 6310i is still in the process to connect (and this for ever).

Therefore, because I assume it's related, when I use the PCSuite488 software and choose the "Nokia Bluetooth device" from the list - the software ask me the serial port (Com7) and gives me: "Communication Port initialization failed". In the background, the phone asked me to accept the key pair with the laptop, but remain in this odd "connecting" mode for ever ...
    I've tried the PCSuite488 with and without the Xircom BT browser connected - same result.

Additionnal info:
    - everything works fine using IrDA
    - the Xircom BT card works fine with a PDA with IntelliSync
    - the Xircom BT works fine with another BT Phone (non-Nokia)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gauth.

PC Suite 5 solves the Xircom CBT problem

F Y I ,

I've installed the latest PCsuite502 - and it seems to work.

Now, I open the serial port using the Xircom BT browser (the phone accepts the pair and remains in "connecting" mode) - identical as before. But this time (with PCSuite502) when I open the Nokia Connection Man and choose the serial port - the 6310i goes to the "connected" mode (previously I got a connection failure).

Everything works great.

It's a pitty that PCSuite 502 was hidden on the nokia site.
    (I haven't tied the BT modem/gprs functionalities!)

Gauth.

Where can i find the PC suite502??

Where can i find the PC suite502??

Where to find PCsuite502

Hi ya,

Sorry that I didn't think about giving the address.

There you're:
    http://www.nokia-asia.com/apc/phones/0,,548,00.html

Cheers,
    Gauth.