Discussion Board

Qml in carbide c++?

Hello guys I want to make a qml/qt/symbian c++ project using carbide. Is it possible?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Qml in carbide c++?

Note that this happens to be the Mobile Java board here, while if you click back to "Development Platforms" above, you will find both Qt and Symbian C++ related boards too.
    In short: Carbide.c++ is the tool for creating Symbian C++ applications, it can obviously create Symbian C++ projects. In addition it can also create Qt projects with S60/Symbian SDK-s supporting Qt. QML is probably not supported by Carbide.c++, but I am not sure.
    Since you plan to focus on Qt and QML, the Qt SDK would be the most straigthforward pick anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Note that this happens to be the Mobile Java board here, while if you click back to "Development Platforms" above, you will find both Qt and Symbian C++ related boards too.
    In short: Carbide.c++ is the tool for creating Symbian C++ applications, it can obviously create Symbian C++ projects. In addition it can also create Qt projects with S60/Symbian SDK-s supporting Qt. QML is probably not supported by Carbide.c++, but I am not sure.
    Since you plan to focus on Qt and QML, the Qt SDK would be the most straigthforward pick anyway.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I read SDKs but didn't read Java. By the way is it possible to use pure Symbian c++ in the Qt Sdk

Nokia Developer Moderator

Sure you can mix Symbian C++ with Qt projects when using QtSDK, anyway, if you plan to use only Symbian C++, then you should use carbide and make Symbian projects without any Qt parts.

Ok thanks for the help.