Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Publisher-ID end of sale

Hi,

Trustcenter.de put Symbian Publisher-IDs into end of sale [1] state which means (?) that in about one or two years I will not be able to renew my certificate. How is this situation handled? Will I still be able to sign my applications after this date?

Regards,

[1] http://www.trustcenter.de/en/product...or_symbian.htm

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Publisher-ID end of sale

Strictly putting into the context of this board, "Publishing to Nokia Store", it probably will not affect too many people around, since most content in the Store is signed via/by Nokia, in which process publishers do not get in touch with any certifier service.
    However yes, I understand your question, and do not know the answer. On the other hand there has been a transition from Verisign certificates to Trustcenter certificates already, something similar may happen again.

The problem is nokia publish won't allow us to have a signed copy app.The publisher id also so expensive.In here it cost almost my half month salary plus it only valid for one year.I think symbiansigned will also charge us for app signing service.

Hi! We have used TC publisher id and it expired now (one year certificate which we have obtained multiple times so far). TC no more sells publisher id's (end-of-sale). How can get new publisher id so I can sign our application and deliver it from our website?

Nokia Developer Moderator

You can try contacting the support address, symbian.signed@nokia.com

Can't someone from symbiansigned clarify on this issue.After all symbiansigned is also part of nokia.There used to be a thread dedicated to symbiansigned but now it is even archived and not updated.