Discussion Board

Nokia E5-00 solution

Hi everyone,i'm new to symbian phone and i just bought my nokia e5 2months ago,whenever i try to install some applications it writes "cert. error",i register my imei to get the cert and key in the nokia symbian signed website but still wouldnt install some applications....can anyone pls help me or give me the save tip to hack my phone??
    Thanks!.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Nokia E5-00 solution

first turn the device language to English.

Then, try again installing the sis file.

and once it fails, copy the note showing the error here. And please, do write it exactly as it is shown. also do mention whether the installation appears to start at all, or do you get the note directly when attempting to install the file.

And also what applications are you trying to install, are those made by you with the UIDs reserved for the account, or are they something else.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Here is a guideline article of how you can create and sign your sis file (ofcourse assuming you are the developer trying to create your own application and installing it..if not contact the original developer of the applciation) http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ning_sis_files

He is asking for help to hack the phone to install unsigned app so i think he is not a developer and trying to install pirated app.Buy the app in nokia store and you wont have certificate error which mean the app is unsigned.Even if you get the cert,without your uid in app,the phone will later display "constrain by certificate".

Nokia Developer Moderator

well I am aware that this might turn out to be that kind of a case in which case he wont get any help. All the suggestions are for legal stuff (more info asked by Jukka was to ascertain that it was not for illegitimate purposes..so until that is received, we have to assume that its for legal purposes and try to show guidelines of how to go about it if he has the sources)

Nokia Developer Expert

hmm, I would say that its pointless to comment until the original started of the thread would answer the questions I made, so what about waiting for the reply, and then helping on the real issues.