Discussion Board

Question How to control audio out on E71 java

Hi folks.

I'm developing a app relate to sound in j2me.
    my first question: how to control my audio out put on nokia device. (would be better if it's possible in j2me)

I found some on com.nokia.mid.media.AudioOutputControl class by set the output mode. please see http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...428/index.html for more detail.
    it's said that by setting the out put mode to private of public then the audio will be direct to loudspeaker or earpiece.
    but I can't find it on SDK s60 fp1 (for E71 device).
    I try class.forName("com.nokia.mid.media.AudioOutputControl") but it's not gonna works. (class not found exception)
    So how I can do that. please any one give my a link in java. or is it possible in java to direct my audio output.

my second question: how to get a class like SourceDataLine in j2me or nokia api.
    In java I have SourceDataLine class then if I call write a buffer off sample, it's immediately go to the audio system, then the speakers out sound.
    but I can't do that in j2me. the Player require a file input stream, and have no way to add more sample to play.
    and the most important thing: not real time.
    The player will read all the data from the inputstream and send to buffer off audio system. but not run it.
    after finish reading work, it call flush then the sound is on. so it prevents me to play sound real time.
    any one give me a solution for that.

any help would be great appreciated !!!!

Question How to record sound with api in nokia package ??

Hi.

I'm developing an voip app. the call setup works but the problem at sending voice.

I'm record the sound as any usual guides on the net by using record control.
    I commit the record after interval time and the start again. but the problem is the delay to big. and the most annoyance is when run on real device (E 71)
    It asks me for permission just after every call the api start control.So, how can I prevent this. (please not tell me to sign it with nokia :d)

the other question is:
    how to control my audio out put on nokia device. (would be better if it's possible in j2me)

I found some on com.nokia.mid.media.AudioOutputControl class by set the output mode. please see http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...428/index.html for more detail.
    it's said that by setting the out put mode to private of public then the audio will be direct to loudspeaker or earpiece.
    but I can't find it on SDK s60 fp1 (for E71 device).
    I try class.forName("com.nokia.mid.media.AudioOutputControl") but it's not gonna works. (class not found exception)
    So how I can do that. please any one give my a link in java. or is it possible in java to direct my audio output.

just one thing : how to get a class like SourceDataLine in j2me or nokia api.
    In java I have SourceDataLine class then if I call write a buffer off sample, it's immediately go to the audio system, then the speakers out sound.
    but I can't do that in j2me. the Player require a file input stream, and have no way to add more sample to play.
    and the most important thing: not real time.
    The player will read all the data from the inputstream and send to buffer off audio system. but not run it.
    after finish reading work, it call flush then the sound is on. so it prevents me to play sound real time.
    any one give me a solution for that.

any help would be great appreciated !!!!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to record sound with api in nokia package ??

J2me do not provide stream level access to Audio I/O and player do not support private mode... hence its not very feasible to make VoIP apps for voice-calling in J2me.
    Devices like E71 etc can be programmed in Symbian for the same.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Re: How to record sound with api in nokia package ??

Thanks im2amit for your reply. Devices like E71 can support c++. but some don't (like LG or Samsung, Qmobile...)
    So, I just ask if nokia support in java. I tried com.nokia.mid.sound.Sound but It doesn't work.
    Because I have a look at nokia api and found the class AudioOutputControl which support private mode in java.
    I hope that I could found the other class which support recording in nokia api too.
    I implement the Datasource but player don't support real time playing music. it read all the byte data then fire the sound.