Discussion Board

Question How to get coordinates of specefic location and get it's place name in Asha

i am trying to get place of current position through CellId but i have some proplems .

1- when i deploy application to my phone it gives me Error that " No class Def Found error java.lang.noclassDefFoundError com.nokia.mid.location.location.util " although that phone support cell Id retrival .

2- when i try to send place through web service i got " java.io.ioException : 52 " , although the same code is working on other emulators but it dosn't work on Nokia Asha Emulator

i was searching for solutions for these two proplems since two weeks but i didn't find good solution , so please help me if you can ( Thnx in advance )

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to get coordinates of specefic location and get it's place name in Asha

For me it sounds that you have one question in the subject line, and different in the message, anyway, have you checked our wiki examples already: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...PI_for_Java_ME

Regular Contributor

Re: How to get coordinates of specefic location and get it's place name in Asha

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Sngab View Post
    i am trying to get place of current position through CellId but i have some proplems .
    1- when i deploy application to my phone it gives me Error that " No class Def Found error java.lang.noclassDefFoundError com.nokia.mid.location.location.util "
    It looks like you have mis-spelt the name/package of the LocationUtil class - try com.nokia.mid.location.LocationUtil

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Sngab View Post
    2- when i try to send place through web service i got " java.io.ioException : 52
    As mentioned by symbianyucca, having received a Location Coordinate, you can easily apply it to the Reverse geocoding example in the wiki:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...API_for_JavaME

If you are getting an I/O Error then it may be to do with your code or the way you are configured to connect to the internet.
    The only suggestion I have would be to reduce the number of things which could be causing the issue to try and track it down e.g.
    • try the code in the wiki example directly as shown
    • try the JAR on a device to see if you are still getting the same error.