Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Bing Maps Imagery EDU and Research Use

I'm searching for point of contact concerning the use of imagery used in Bing maps for educational and research purposes. Google/GeoEye have a program that will donate imagery that for non-profit/research purposes and I would like to find out if the MS/NAVTEQ/NOKIA Bing imagery has a similar program.

I've contacted Microsoft who in turn handed me off to NAVTEQ who sent me to NOKIA. If anyone has possible information about whom I might contact, I would appreciate it!

-Chris

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Bing Maps Imagery EDU and Research Use

For Bing maps, you would need to contact Microsoft. Bing maps are/were used with Windows Phone 7.

With Windows Phone 8 onwards the Maps are basically bit more Nokia, and the data is supposedly NAVTEQ one. I would suggest that you check the location API section here, and sent PM to Jason Fox, he should be able to find out any needed contacts for maps.

Re: Bing Maps Imagery EDU and Research Use

Thanks for the info. I was suspecting that this might be an endless circle of "contact...." I'll PM Jason and see if I can narrow my search some.

Thanks!

-Chris