Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Belle SDK missing apgrfx.lib and TApaTask class

Does anyone know why Symbian Belle SDK 1.0 is missing the apgrfx.lib from armv5 release and debug folders? The documentation does not indicate it has been removed/depreciated but rather assumes it is still present but I cannot compile anymore.

I was using the TApaTask class ok in Symbian 3 SDK but it now only exists in the winscw folder?

Is it ok to copy the libraries from Symbian3 SDK to Belle?
    David4x

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Belle SDK missing apgrfx.lib and TApaTask class

I have Belle SDK installed on my machine as well & if i check for this lib, it is present inside the armv5 folder(both release & debug). Not sure the case with you but yes you can continue copying the same from S^3 SDK to Belle SDK.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Vineet. I can't explain or understand why this would be the case, except that I downloaded the SDK 1.0 in March 2012 and only just installed it. I would not have expected the sources to change without a revision increment but maybe I am wrong. I will download again.

Can you tell me if it would be ok to over-install this again without uninstalling first?
    David4x

Regular Contributor

OK I downloaded and installed the current Belle SDK and it created a folder Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0_2 (as opposed to Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0) however there were still no apgrfx.lib in any folder other than the winscw folder (the same as my previous SDK).

The Symbian3 SDK only has apgrfx.lib in the foder: \C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian3-SDK_V1.0\epoc32\release\arm5\lib

It does not show it in a release and debug sub-folder.

Vineet can you help me reconcile what file should go where please?
    David4x

Nokia Developer Champion

Ok i have to admit my mistake, i looked into the \release\arm5\lib folder & found apgrfx.dso there, so thought lib must also be there & thereby posted my answer, so apologies for that.

Now if i look carefully, apgrfx.lib is there inside the release\winscw\udeb ONLY & not in \release\armv5\lib. Strangely its not the case only with apgrfx.lib , no lib files are present inside that folder(nor anywhere in the whole SDK) except aknskins.lib & set of dfprvct2_2.lib. But yes the sets of dso's & lib's are there in Symbian^3 SDK in the specified folder.

Not sure if this is some issue with Belle SDK or its structure is like that only or what,but the only solution coming to my mind now is to copy those specific lib files which you need to use in the \release\armv5\lib folder from release\winscw\udeb.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Vineet. Since re-installing Belle SDK before de-installing I have discovered a lot of pathing problems so I need to uninstall both SDK's now and re-install. I will be a few hours but I suspect I will no longer get an appended ...v1.0_2 SDK or path...
    David4x

Regular Contributor

OK after many hours of messing with the installations I have a single Belle SDK v1.0 folder. I copied across the apgrfx.lib from Symbian3 SDK. I noted Belle already had a apgrfx.dso file so left that unchanged.

After an attempted compile, it fails because

arm-none-symbianelf-g++.exe: C:/Nokia/devices/Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/release/armv5/lib/apgrfx.lib,.dso: No such file or directory
    Yet the folder structure and the two files both exist so I can't figure this one out. Anyone with any ideas?
    David4x

Nokia Developer Champion

If going by this thread: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...le-and-libCurl , post#33, then all .lib's have been replaced with .dso's in the Belle SDK(& that is why there are no .lib's present inside release/armv5/lib/ folder)

Can you re-compile the project & show the full console view for any more error description.
    Last edited by vineet.jain; 2013-01-02 at 12:04.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I can not see anything special about this library, if having .dso files only would be a problem in itself, others would complain too, starting with the Symbian-mandatory euser.lib. Do you happen to use STATICLIBRARY or any other special thing with apgrfx.lib for some reason? Some of the built-in examples also seem to use this library, you can try building them.

Regular Contributor

Ok I found the problem and II am so sorry for the headaches caused. I had a syntax error in my mmp file where I had a comma after the first lib, followed by the second lib (rather than a pure space).

ie
    LIBRARY apgrfx.lib, ws32.lib
    // don't separate with a comma!!!

Thank you for the support Vineet and Wizard, it is sincerely appreciated to have others try their best to help, and all from such long distances.

UPDATE: In my defence(?) when I went back to my previous scenario of compiling with Symbian3 and carbide 2.7 - the comma was not a problem!
    Last edited by david4x; 2013-01-02 at 14:14. Reason: updated info
    David4x