Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

UID3 for plugin when publishing. From IAP example in QtSDK

I'm using the plugin called ButtonQMLPlugin that is with the one-click_buy example in the QtSDK. This is to enable in app purchasing in my app.
    The plugin has it's own UID3, should I change that UID3 to match the UID3 that I'm publishing with or does it not matter if this plugin is signed or not?

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: UID3 for plugin when publishing. From IAP example in QtSDK

All parts needs to be signed, and signing can only be done if the UIDs used with all parts being signed are reserved with the account used for signing.

So if you are using Nokia store signing, the plug-in DLL must also have UID which is reserved by the store.

Regular Contributor

Re: UID3 for plugin when publishing. From IAP example in QtSDK

Thanks. I'll work out how to do that. I think if I take the UID out of the plugin then it still installs. Edit: I'll put one of the publishing ID's in there.

Next question - how do I make sure that the plugin is part of the final installer? Do I add the plugin folder to the DEPLOYMENT folder variables in the main .pro file? I noticed that my deployment .sis file didn't include the plugin and I'm working on that. Thanks.

Edit2: According to some publishing documentation I read all parts in the sis file should have the same UID3... I'm still working that out and I'll update this thread with my result.
    Edit3: I see that extra installers inside a .sis file need to be Symbian Signed and can't be nokia expressed signed. Time for a reqrite
    Last edited by CLTSchwarz; 2013-01-07 at 09:00.