Discussion Board

Application has been rejected : Invalid UID

Hi,

it's the first time I'm trying to publish my application (FExplorer) myself (thru gosymbian) and I have received the following message from QA :

Code:
    Comments from the QA team:
    Failed QA.
    FAILED: Invalid UID
    SUMMARY: The application includes a UID not assigned to the publisher by Nokia. Our processes for signing content requires the UID displayed in the application to match a UID assigned to the publisher by Nokia. 
    The UID displayed in your application is: abcdefgh For more information .....
    I don't undertsand, the UID abcdefgh is correct and has been given to me by symbiansigned.com !! it appears correctly in the list of all the uid's assigned to me (on symbiansigned.com)

Any idea would be welcome !
    thanks so much in advance,
    Domi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

you can get the FREE version from www.gosymbian.com
    you can get the PRO version from http://store.ovi.com/content/339454

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Application has been rejected : Invalid UID

I checked the file submitted, and it is unsigned, so if you need to get it signed by Nokia store, you do need to use UIDs provided by Nokia store.

and if you wish to use your own UID, you do need to also fully symbian sign the file before submitting it.

Hi symbianyucca,

thanks for your fast reply.

can you please, tell me where (url?) I can request a UID from Nokia store ? I only know the symbiansigned platform to get the uid's ....

sorry if I ask stupid question but it's the first time I use the publisher platform and I'm a bit in the 'clouds'

Domi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FExplorer is my baby !

It is often a good idea to read related pages. https://www.developer.nokia.com/Dist..._signing.xhtml
    Quote Originally Posted by page
    3. Nokia Publisher Support sends the Publisher a list of UID’s, a certificate installer, and a developer certificate/key pair for testing a qualified app. Additional UID’s can be requested at any time as needed by contacting Nokia Developer Support.

this is not very clear for newbies and this makes useless repetition with symbiansigned.com ...

btw : does this mean that, if I want to use my current UID (provided by symbiansigned), I need to buy a Publisher ID, sign it myself with Express Signed and submit the SIGNED file in this case ?

tkx wizard_hu_,
    Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

I don't think you are new here.. anyway, the rule has been there plenty of time, and its simple.

You need to use the account you used for reserving the UIDs also for signing it, and to sign a sis file, you need to have publisher Id. The two option s you have for solving the problem were included in #2.

"You need to use the account you used for reserving the UIDs" : I agree but from where can I reserved these UID's ? the account I use is the same for publish.nokia.com and for symbiansigned.com; it could be simple if you could give me the url to request them.

"included in #2" ? which point is this #2 ?

another stupid question : if someone will publish a freeware, he is obliged to buy a Publisher ID in any way ?

sorry once more but I have never undestood completely this process.
    Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepy View Post
    "included in #2" ? which point is this #2 ?.
    I said "..if you need to get it signed by Nokia store, you do need to use UIDs provided by Nokia store.

and if you wish to use your own UID, you do need to also fully Symbian sign the file before submitting it. ", so these are your options.

Wizard copied you the part in publisher guide which tells you about the UID, the original page is: https://www.developer.nokia.com/Dist..._signing.xhtml

if someone will publish a freeware, he is obliged to buy a Publisher ID in any way ?
    Nope, they have the same options as the developers submitting paid apps, i.e. they can also use Nokia signing.

Anyway, the UID restriction comes from Symbian signed, and not actually Nokia store, it's legacy restrictions, but it is still valid.

Nokia Developer Champion

If you need to publish your application in the market place then there are two ways to get the application signed & make it publish:

1) The first way involves buying a publisher Id, creating an account on SymbianSigned.com & verifying that account with the publisher id purchased.Afterwards, you can see in your symbian signed account that a section over there namely 'Manage UIDs', from where you can obtain a UID from the 'protected range' & put that UID all over in your project.

2) The second way involves requesting the Nokia to do the signing part for you & afterwards publishing the application by them only. This approach does not requires the need of purchasing any publisher id or creating a Symbian Signed account. Simply request nokia for UID(which would be in protected range as well), change that UID all over your project & upload that sis file afterwards for signing.

To understand the 1) part completely, you can refer the wiki articles:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...lash_Lite_apps
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed

Perhaps helps, perhaps confuses: effectively Symbian Signed does the signing, all the time. And it signs stuff only for the owner of a given UID.
    When you request UID-s from Symbian Signed, you are going to be the owner, so Symbian Signed will sign the stuff for you, and only for you.
    When you "get" UID-s from Nokia Publisher, it means that Nokia requests (or, in practice, has requested already) UID-s from Symbian Signed, so Nokia owns the UID-s, just "gives" them to you. In this case Symbian Signed signs the stuff for Nokia and only for Nokia.

By the way, there seem to be a way to push your owned UID-s to Nokia, it is discussed here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...re-UID-problem - personally I would not do that, you can see my concerns in the thread.

the 2 last threads are very very clear especially from vineet.jain - thanks to all of you.

I have requested the UID, cer, key, ... from 'developer.support@nokia.com' - hope this will be sended rapidelly.

I will update this thread whenever all is done, I think it's a very good reference (and more simple) for the whole process.

Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

Hi,

I have 2 more questions :

1° can I use the Publisher ID for multiple application or is it valid for only one application ?
    2° using an UID requestion to Nokia, how long does this take to get the answer of the mail and to receive the UID ?

tkx once more,
    Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !

1° can I use the Publisher ID for multiple application or is it valid for only one application ?.
    Its just as it has been since signing was introduced, i.e. publisher ID is valid for certain period, which usually is 1 year. And you can use it for as many signings as you wish during that time period. And signed apps have different validity, generally I have seen them being valid for 10 years from the signing time.

2° using an UID requestion to Nokia, how long does this take to get the answer of the mail and to receive the UID ?i.
    Generally I would assume them replying within 2 working days, though, if there is more requests than usual being processed the time may as well vary.

Thanks symbianyucca !!

Domi.
    FExplorer is my baby !