Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

IAP published correctly?

I have published an app with an in-application-purchase in the store, it has been published for 6 days now and has been getting lots of downloads and I have made a purchase myself, and have been told of a number of purchases happening yet I am not seeing any revenue on my statistics. I can see all the downloads fine on my statistics.
    I have sent an email to Nokia and am waiting a reply but I have one question I'd like to ask here:

I have downloaded the app from the store and the content in the drm file is not encrypted and the IAP_VARIANTID.TXT file still has six zeros in it. Is it possible that I have a fully working IAP application that accepts payments but that I have missed a step that is required during publication that is preventing revenue from being assigned to me?

Is 6 days to long to wait after a purchase for purchase statistics to start appearing?
    By the way the DRM content not being encrypted has not effected the running of my app because I *also* do my own purchase verification besides checking the DRM.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: IAP published correctly?

if you would have checked earlier discussions on the topic, basically it takes few days before reports are showing data, and 6 days in not that long. So just wait for couple of more days and then you should be able to see the data generated for teh first days.

Regular Contributor

Thanks!!!! That's what I want to hear.
    I had a quick scan of previous topics, sorry for missing it. What has me worried is that the initial publish didn't happen smoothly. I've submitted another update to the store and hopefully the DRM content publishes better this time and then I'll move more assets into the DRM folders when I can see that it's working properly live.

Regular Contributor

I got a reply email that said that to be patient and that
    unfortunately, Nokia Publish reports have not been populating as expected.
    . That may explain why my other paid-for app is not generating data lately.

Regular Contributor

Just posting in case anyone is keeping track.
    The IAP statistics are now starting to come through on my account. Yesterday there were a handful of purchases from the 9/1, and today more purchases overlapping the same time period are showing up.
    I have to say that it's exciting to see my first IAP application working!