Discussion Board

IAP problems without SIM (test and live mode too)

Hello

when submitting app to nokia store should "TEST_MODE.TXT" be included ?? if yes it should be empty file or with some content?

Because when i remove this TEST_MODE.TXT file from my project and try to test it, it shows Security denied Exception!!

So please reply

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Monetization FAQ

Hi

when submitting to Nokia Store please remove "TEST_MODE.TXT" from the application package -- Missing "TEST_MODE.TXT" in the application package means the test mode is off and in-app payment will go through Store instead of test loopback

Okay..

So you mean uintil the app get published on nokia store Test_mode.txt is mandatory. right?
    And that's y it shows security denied exception on removing TEST_MODE.txt for unpublished app??

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sandhyac View Post
    So you mean uintil the app get published on nokia store Test_mode.txt is mandatory. right?
    "Mandatory" is not the word. Just purchase attempts will not succeed for non-existing applications. And Nokia Store does not know about applications which are not published.
    And that's y it shows security denied exception on removing TEST_MODE.txt for unpublished app??
    Practically yes, literally no. I assume you are getting the exception from http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...ymentManager() (you may have to open the link twice).

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

The behavior is different for Qt and Series 40. For Series 40 TES_MODE.txt is indeed "mandatory" because In Series 40 IAP Store live mode is not available until the app is published and thus gets processed by Store. (In try to enable live mode in unpublished app you will get java.lang.SecurityException – that means the caller does not have security permission to use In-App Purchase API)

on Qt live mode is available for not-yet-published applications if TES_MODE.txt is missing -- i.e. even if application id equals to default value 000000, money payment will happen . In that case i don't know who will receive your payment -- but definitely not you --- so it is useless to distribute non-published apps

Regards,
    Igor

Hi,

I have one doubt on nokia In-app FAQs, it is stated that sim card is required in order to support in-app purchases.

So i tested my application on nokia asha 303 without sim card but nokia in-app api does not send any call back for that. So how i support this scenario when there is no sim card in device, my application should not get freezed??

Note : WIFI was active in device than too it does not send any call back.
    Please help

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

indeed without SIM card IAP callback does not come even on getting product metadata call. However -- you cannot execute IAP live mode until your application is published on Store. Thus you observe your application hanging in the application test mode. In live mode the behavior shall be correct. I expect some error message pops up saying IAP failure. Because for IAP to succeed it needs sending SMS to operator during IAP purchasing flow. That happens transparently to the client application and end-user.

Unfortunately i cannot check IAP live mode behavior because i don't have proper example application

I think you don't need to bother about your application hanging without SIM card in IAP test mode

Quote Originally Posted by izinin View Post
    Hi

indeed without SIM card IAP callback does not come even on getting product metadata call. However -- you cannot execute IAP live mode until your application is published on Store. Thus you observe your application hanging in the application test mode. In live mode the behavior shall be correct. I expect some error message pops up saying IAP failure. Because for IAP to succeed it needs sending SMS to operator during IAP purchasing flow. That happens transparently to the client application and end-user.

Unfortunately i cannot check IAP live mode behavior because i don't have proper example application

I think you don't need to bother about your application hanging without SIM card in IAP test mode
    Hi,

My application(Unit converter) is now Live on nokia store. And i tested it on device without sim card but still nokia does not return any failure error or any call back to user. And thus application freezes.
    So please help how to handle this scenario.

Originally Posted by izinin
    Hi

Hi,

My application(Unit converter) is now Live on nokia store. And i tested it on device without sim card but still nokia does not return any failure error or any call back to user. And thus application freezes.
    So please help how to handle this scenario.