Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: how to get notifications of state changes?

Another approach to test if Draw() gets called repeatedly is that, you can implement a simple timer class & call Notify() method from that timer after few secs repeatedly & see if Draw() then gets called or not. Start this timer as soon as container is drawn & do not initiate a phone call. In the notify() method pass some hard-coded int values from timer itself & see the behavior. This may confirm it the irregular behavior of Draw() is due to call or something else.

Vineet, as I mentioned in the last reply, this happens only when call is in progress. And even when a call is in progress, Draw() gets called on explicit key events. DrawNow() gets called every time but the supposed to be followed call to Draw() is not happening.

Anyways I tried what you suggested and you are correct!! I used delay of 3 seconds in the timer. The value in the descriptor which I am using to draw text is getting updated every time RunL is called, and DrawNow() is getting called every time but Draw() is getting called only for the first time. What is wrong in here?

Alright here is what I have to say now. I think the way I was doing was incorrect. I was creating another instance of the container which was already running. And that is why it was not calling Draw() method on this new instance because it was already in use by the container created by Application. This is clear now. Now the thing I want to know is that is it legal and logical to get the reference of running application ui (i mean AppUi class here) in a non-ui application (pjsip here)?

I tried getting the reference of the AppUi class and then reaching upto container to call the notify() method but somehow, pjsip fails making a call if i do this. Is there anything else i have to do to get it right?

Nokia Developer Champion

I think pjsip project also has a running ui project(not sure its pjsua symbian,something like that),it has the same functionality you are trying to implement.The UI screen gets updated as the sip call progresses,so you can see how they have taken the reference into UI code from pjsip backend code responsible for sip call.

yes but they are just logging the states and not displaying the call states to the user....i don't know whats wrong but whenever i try to get a reference to existing instance of AppUi or View or Container, pjsip fails to make a call with error code 70004 which means INVALID ARGS

Nokia Developer Champion

can you some piece of code as how you are initializing the Appui's instance in your class & using that.

Its done. Now I am able to get the reference directly to the container. Initializing container while the app is loaded first. Its working now.

Thanks Vineet