Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Signing Symbian App in Nokia Store.

What Jukka suggests is that you can check the certificates on a given .sis file using the same signsis utility that can sign .sis files. I guess the switch is /o, but a signsis /? will certainly tell. Then you will see the expiry dates of certificates.

Hello wizard,

thanks again for your guide from your help i found this information using signsis:

Nokia Online CA
    Valid From October 01, 2009, 09:40:25 (UTC)
    Valid To October 01, 2014, 12:40:21 (UTC)

Nokia Content Signing CA
    Valid From October 22, 2007, 14:58:30 (UTC)
    Valid To October 20, 2012, 14:58:28 (UTC)

It seems the signing of the package has expired but i am not sure can you throw some light on this !!

Yes, the second signature is indeed expired. And as far as I know both of them should be valid in order to be accepted. What is not clear is if you have tested the package locally, "at home". It should have raised the same error messages then.
    Remember that using the developer certificate you can test exactly the same package (with protected-range, release UID-s inside) at home.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Yes, the second signature is indeed expired. And as far as I know both of them should be valid in order to be accepted. What is not clear is if you have tested the package locally, "at home". It should have raised the same error messages then.
    Remember that using the developer certificate you can test exactly the same package (with protected-range, release UID-s inside) at home.
    Thanks for confirming this, and also some how i missed it in the thread that this fails in my actual device also with certificates given by nokia.

So now can you help me to move ahead with this, do i need ot build camerawrapper myself and sign it my self or can i contact some body in nokia to take care of that ??

Regards,

I do not know if you can squeeze out a new signed version from Nokia easily, but a possible workaround is migrating CameraWrapper on the source code level.
    It is actually open source, and hosted on this site: http://projects.developer.nokia.com/camerawrapper
    The uncomfortable thing is that you have to change the UID-s of .dll-s to UID-s assigned to you, and in the meantime it would be also nice to rename them to something unique (appending the UID-s perhaps), so the files will not conflict with existing CameraWrapper installations, neither with similar possible workarounds from other users.

Sorry, this particular tab was laying around in my browser for a long time, oops.