Discussion Board

Windows Phone 8 SDK and NFC Tag

I'm trying to get NFC Tag's UID using Nokia Lumia 620. However, WP8 SDK doesn't seem to support this as I can't find any function for this specific task. I've been struggling to find a solution, have anyone of you ever done it before. Do you have any tips or suggestions? I'm really confused and need some helps. Thanks in advance!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Windows Phone 8 SDK and NFC Tag

What do you get in ProximityDevice.DeviceId? (I am asking for real as I have no WP8 device)

Nokia Developer Champion

Hello,
    I suggest you take a look at the Wiki for detailed informations about it : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...indows_Phone_8

Hope this helps,
    Charaf

There is no any function can get tag's UID now.

I have the same issue. The company I work at specializes on RFID hardware and software solutions. We have a project that depends on RFID tag's UID, and also it is supposed to have some companion apps for mobile phones. We now use Google's Android as the only platform that offers what we need, but we also would like to use Windows Phone 8. The project is being developed for now, so I'd like to know if there's a planned functionality for WP8 SDK to support more NFC related tasks, and also whether there is a way to get UIDs (at least) of NFC tags with undocumented API functions? (Maybe some hooks for now as we don't publish our apps yet and just need to test functionality).

Nokia Developer Champion

Normally, you can contact directly microsoft for that but i don't know how :/.
    You can certainly ask to dev support.

Actually I've asked a contact with someone at Microsoft already, but I didn't get any help. Moreover, MSDN Forums visitors started to learn me how to live
    We really need the opportunity to read NFC/RFID tag's UID as we relay on it in our products protection system. It's the core ability and if WP8 doesn't allow to do this, we'll be forced to use Android.