Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: How can i filter contacts on basis of app installation

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    @angelvini210, Please note Nokia Asha devices are based on Series 40 platform and E5 is a Symbian device - Which is your target platform ? If its Symbian, you need to download Symbian SDK which supports Java.

Regards
    Gopal

i have selected my target device E5 because GPS is working perfectly in it.... al my modules are working perfect except the ContactList!!!
    now wat will i have to do Sir ? will have to change my target device for a single module?

nd previously i had tested it on Nokia E52 which is a S60 3rd edition. it was working but now it is not :-(
    Last edited by swatik; 2013-03-11 at 11:37.

Super Contributor

No, What I meant was, its always advisable to try in same platform emulator as with your target device, and hence if your target device is E5, please try the app in S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 Emulator.

Regards
    Gopal
    Twitter : @balagopalks
    Linkedin : @balagopalks

I had searched for the same previously i found one symbian emulator which was not at all user friendly and i was not knowng how actually should i work on it!!!
    can you plzz suggest or provide some link from where i can download Symbian emulator for java!!!

Super Contributor

You will get the S60 3rd Ed FP2 Emulator here https://www.developer.nokia.com/info..._One_SDKs.html

Regards
    Gopal

You will get the S60 3rd Ed FP2 Emulator here https://www.developer.nokia.com/info..._One_SDKs.html

Regards
    Gopal
    Thank you sir for the link!!! I tried to run my project on Symbian emulator available on Remote device access of Nokia forum. but i could not retrieve contacts from my phonebook!!! So is it like i have to change my coding for reading contacts from phonebook and code it in Symbian?
    if yes... i really dont know how to do that or how can i link up that symbian code with my java me project!!!
    Plzz help sir ... my project is almost done and only this contact part is not working on my actual device!!!

Thanks
    Vinita!!!
    Last edited by angelvini210; 2013-03-11 at 18:18.

Super Contributor

Please try to understand that Devices in RDA are not emulators but they are real devcies sitting in Nokia offices and you are getting the screen preview remotely.

I didnt mean that you need to re -code in Symbian C++. If I remember correctly there were some very small differences in Contacts /PIM implementation between Series 40 and Symbian devices with Java API's and hence requested you to get your app checked in Symbian emulator which supports Java and debug it so that it works fine in Symbian devices also.

Hope this clarifies ?

Regards
    Gopal

Ok .....

Thanks
    vinita

Please try to understand that Devices in RDA are not emulators but they are real devcies sitting in Nokia offices and you are getting the screen preview remotely.

I didnt mean that you need to re -code in Symbian C++. If I remember correctly there were some very small differences in Contacts /PIM implementation between Series 40 and Symbian devices with Java API's and hence requested you to get your app checked in Symbian emulator which supports Java and debug it so that it works fine in Symbian devices also.

Hope this clarifies ?

Regards
    Gopal
    Sir am done with my contact list module on the same target device!!!!

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by angelvini210 View Post
    Sir am done with my contact list module on the same target device!!!!
    Good to hear that and Thanks for the update!

All the Best with your app.

Regards
    Gopal

sir Again we are stuck with the same thing the contact list is getting displayed on the first form but the same code is not working for the next form...and we have tried the same on s60 nokia e5 emulator it is working there perfectly but not on the actual device... please help asap

Thanks
    swati!!!

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by swatik View Post
    sir Again we are stuck with the same thing the contact list is getting displayed on the first form but the same code is not working for the next form...and we have tried the same on s60 nokia e5 emulator it is working there perfectly but not on the actual device... please help asap
    Check if you are building the App properly and all the changes you make are reflecting in the app you are installing in the real device.

Also can you explain the contacts issue you have now ? Would you have enough contacts to check in the emulator ?

Regards
    Gopal

Check if you are building the App properly and all the changes you make are reflecting in the app you are installing in the real device.

Also can you explain the contacts issue you have now ? Would you have enough contacts to check in the emulator ?

Regards
    Gopal
    yes it is because we are try it on e5 and e6 emulator as well it is working perfect there and reflecting all the changes as we are doing it in our code.
    What we are doing 1) is retrieving all the contacs from our phonebook and comparing with those contacts registered on server and then appending it on our List.
    2) On the next list we are comparing the privacy of the selected contact... and if it is private we are not appending on the next list else vice versa...

But we are nnot able to figure what is going wrong.. because as u suggested we are testing our app first on Symbian java emulator i.e e5 and our target device is e5 as well. If it is working correctly on e5 emulator then yy not on actual deive!!!
    Sir please help...

Thanks
    Swati!!!

Super Contributor

Really need some debugging here : Try with a fewer contacts and see where exactly your app logic is failing - Try to print in the device screen or write in Log the contacts comparison results, so that you can track down the issue easily.

Regards
    Gopal

Really need some debugging here : Try with a fewer contacts and see where exactly your app logic is failing - Try to print in the device screen or write in Log the contacts comparison results, so that you can track down the issue easily.

Regards
    Gopal
    Sir we are done with it..... the problem was only that we were using "compareTo" to compare and den i replaced it with ".eqauls"
    Now it is working !!!
    Thanks
    Vinita & Swati!!!
    Last edited by angelvini210; 2013-03-13 at 12:06.

In my app i am using Nokia Maps and Route to show the route from source to destination!!! the problem is it is showing me al possible routes to reach destination but i want to show the smallest possible path/route!!!
    How can that be done!!!
    Plzz help

Viniita!!!