Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Cool How to take the primary screenshot of my app if I dont have any s40 device with me ?

How to take the primary screenshot of my app if I dont have any s40 device with me ?

I have tried the remote device acces servcies ,but when try to install my .wgt file of my application. It says file format not supported when clicked on the icon of the app on RDA of s40 devcies.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: How to take the primary screenshot of my app if I dont have any s40 device with m

Hi,

Use short URL method. I.e. launch the xpress browser in RDA device and type in the sort URL of you Web App.

Br,
    Ilkka

Super Contributor

Re: How to take the primary screenshot of my app if I dont have any s40 device with m

ok I will upadate uo nce I have done .But How to take the screenshot. You mean to say I have to capture it on camera ?

Super Contributor

GTO_India, Dude, why dont you try using an Emulator ? What is your app ? Send it to me - I will take screen shots for you.

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

Hi balagopaks

How to take the primary screenshot if I dont have a s40 or asha device with me.

Iam sending the urls of the apps which I submit in the store

http://nokia.ly/R1GaC2?type=webapp

http://nokia.ly/Wb1KBH?type=webapp

http://nokia.ly/VMmenw?type=webapp

http://nokia.ly/10gUj3w?type=webapp

http://nokia.ly/QzgRs6?type=webapp

Thank u for replying me . You can answer me in pvt msgs too.

Super Contributor

@GTO_India, Dude, are you serious about what you Do ? I am trying to understand - Most of the URL's that you shared are of not proper apps - see attached screen shot - Have you ever tried your app ? Does it work for you atleast ?
    Most of your apps says loading and nothing happens after that!!

for_GTO.PNG

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

Hi Balagopaks Those are the urls generated in xpress web app builder whenI click on"Test your App"

Yes when I checked on the preview option images were shown and no loading problem was there.

Please try on aasha device again .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Contributor

GTO_India, I would like to understand your intentions here - you are here for looooonngg and you dont know about our SDK's / Tools and you dont know how to run an app in an emulator and take its screen shots ??

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

Ok Balagopkas which emulators you are talking about Th nokia webtoolls emyulator or the xpresswebapp preview emulator ? I have tried them already but the QA gived failed report always.

How to import the .wgt build built on xpressweb app to the nokia web tools sdk and run the application /porgram

Super Contributor

You can use Nokia Web Tools emulator also I have tried Web Apps in Nokia SDK for Java 2.0 and its also working in that (Not for development - but just for a trial) Also try the url in a supported device in RDA.

Regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor

Hi balagpoakas.

Ok Yes U have imported my app i.e .wgt to Nokia Web Tools . Iam seeing app on the emulator here also.

But How to take the quick screen shot of it. Do You want me to capture that image with a camera mobile and later convert into 256*256 jpg or png image ?

Super Contributor

@SKUMAR, who is this now ? I didnt try your apps - or are you Mr GTO_India ?

If you are able to see your app in the emulator, you cant take a screen shot of it ? - I hope you are enough computer literate to know how to capture a screen shot from a PC - simply use a Print screen dude!

Regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor

Yes Iam GTO_India

to publish in nokia ovi store Nokia requires screenshot of size 256*256 only shall I give the complete pc screenshot ?

Or shall I capture with camera

Super Contributor

Dude there is a tool called "Paint" available (if you are using a PC), please go and learn it first or visit a computer training center near you and ask them to give you training in MS "Paint"

Regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor

First of all Try to understand my question/ query.

Only mobile screen screenshot be given or uploaded na.

Yes I pasted the screenshot in the ms paint as you have said. Do u want me to edit anything again ?
    Last edited by SKUMAR; 2013-02-04 at 10:29.