Discussion Board

1080p Native Image capture problem

I'm trying to do Native image/video capture on a Windows Phone 8, and I'm having trouble with the AudioVideoCaptureDevice interface. I am mostly following this approach from the developer wiki. I want to create an app that can take in a sample stream, (by passing in an `ICameraCaptureSampleSink`) but when I call `StartRecordingToSinkAsync()`, everything is fine for the first few (<10) frames, and then my Sink stops getting called. What's more, if I try to stop by calling `StopRecordingToSinkAsync()` my program hangs indefinitely there. If I kill the app and try to start it up again, any camera-based API calls I try to make never return. I have to restart my phone (Lumia 920) to get it to respond to camera APIs again.

This only happens when capturing at 1080p (full) resolution, I can capture at any other resolution and it works just fine, it's only at 1080p that things break down. Can anyone help me figure out what's going wrong? As a test, I confirmed that the same thing happens to the wiki sample if you change `captureDimensions` to reflect 1080p. Here is a gist with the changed `NativeCameraInterface.cpp`, where you can see the "Full!" output stops being sent after a few frames when performing native debugging.

Re: 1080p Native Image capture problem

Full disclosure: I posted this same question on StackOverflow. They told me to come here, so that is why the questions are posted in two places at once.

Native photo capture code

Hello, I want to use the native image APIs to capture photos, not just video. The example given in Getting started with the Camera APIs for Native Code seems to work only for the Video resolutions provided, I can't figure out how to make it work for the Photo resolutions. How do we do photo-based native image capture?

Thanks!