Discussion Board

Thread: Windos Gaming

Question Windos Gaming

Sir,

I m not post here to win this PDP membership or a Lumia 800, but i have a solid question about window operating system of nokia phones.

I m Sumit Gogawat from Delhi, India. Before some day i visit nokia store located at ashok vihar delhi.

I have plan to purchase a nokia lumia 800, but i m confuse to purchase because i enquire about window gaming in this phone and representative dont know about this feature. I also question about xbox gaming with seperate roms & he ask that he dont know those type of features in this phone.

So my question is "Is this phone run window emulators like winkawaks, mugen or other pc game emulators". Please suggest and also tell me in future can you launch or develop any app who support all those emulators and games.

Please reply.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Windos Gaming

Windows Phone is not running desktop Windows, and thus it can not run Windows applications, like the emulators you list.
    However it is possible to search for emulators in the store: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...rch?q=emulator, and thus there seem to be some (you can check their compatibility on their description page, the Nokia Lumia 800 is a Windows Phone 7.x device)
    Note that Nokia operates an other discussion site for end-user's questions, it is located on http://www.nokia.com/discussions