Discussion Board

Aplication invalid! Delete?

I'm trying to upload a self-signed aplication on my Nokia Asha 302 phone and I keep getting the invalid aplication error and I can't figure it out, I checked hundreds of times the jad and manifest and seem alright.

jad file:
    Code:
    MIDlet-1: Notes++,/icon.png,NotesPlusPlus
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 10239
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: NotesPlusPlus.jar
    MIDlet-Name: Notes++
    MIDlet-Vendor: Nokia
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
    MIDlet-Certificate-1-1: MIIDkTCCAnmgAwIBAgIEIb6VYzANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsFADB5MQswCQYDV...
    MIDlet-Jar-RSA-SHA1: edXdzgxQypoJHmkMWnKobV9bE26sWu12RrsnSiF8OxicQ3rGou1OBGAQrA...
    manifest:
    Code:
    MIDlet-1: Notes++,/icon.png,NotesPlusPlus
    MIDlet-Name: Notes++
    MIDlet-Vendor: Nokia
    MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0

Name: NotesPlusPlus.class
    SHA-256-Digest: eTc67ShkmqEhDLZehLhcNLpuYRy5voSM2gS+kAtwWwo=

Name: icon.png
    SHA-256-Digest: KjIkeMZ+DYRZL8p1OBNRagQJYCszUyn+jOPwuYCu3MM=

Super Contributor

Re: Aplication invalid! Delete?

Can you install it without signing?

Yes
    I think it's because I don't have `MIDlet-Certificate-1-2` in the .jad but I don't know how to do this

Super Contributor

From where did you get your certificate?

openssl .. I tried multiple tutorials and cmd commands, I tried using Internet Explorer to combine certificates into one p7b and still not working. I think I'm missing some steps .. It's been the third day consecutively that I'm trying to sign my application and I'm desperate to make it work!!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Graham: the story starts in http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...al-application, I assume Revolter is trying to hack his phone as suggested by Traud.

it's not hacking, I mean, I don't want to get revenue by this app or something, I just want to make apps for my own personal use to make my life easier. And also I'm poor and can't afford to buy certificates each year :|

Nokia Developer Moderator

In fact 'hacking' and 'hacker' have multiple meanings, check the articles listed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacking and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack if you want to see some shades.
    Here and now it is just a short explanation for the origin of a problematic certificate and the reason why you are experimenting with it, I have not intended to label you as a criminal or anything like that.

Super Contributor

Well, I think as the experts have told you in your other thread, you must use a certificate recognized by your device, or the app will be rejected. Unless you are successful in bypassing your device's security mechanism.

Also, it looks like you're using the Java SE signing process. Java ME signing process is different: see the wiki. In ME signing, the manifest is not modified.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    In fact 'hacking' and 'hacker' have multiple meanings, check the articles listed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacking and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack if you want to see some shades.
    Here and now it is just a short explanation for the origin of a problematic certificate and the reason why you are experimenting with it, I have not intended to label you as a criminal or anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    Well, I think as the experts have told you in your other thread, you must use a certificate recognized by your device, or the app will be rejected. Unless you are successful in bypassing your device's security mechanism.

Also, it looks like you're using the Java SE signing process. Java ME signing process is different: see the wiki. In ME signing, the manifest is not modified.
    Ok, sorry for over-reacting I was so frustrated not able to do it. I finally succeded, also signing like grahamhughes told (ME) by mystake ) the manifest is the same. I also made a .bat file that lets me sign my project very easily :x Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Revolter; 2014-03-06 at 00:47.

Revolter, what you are trying to do works only in emulator. There you are able to install additional certificates and enable code-signing capabilities for your new certificate authority. The trick I mentioned, installs such a certificate on your phone and then you are able to use a Windows tool to sign your MIDlet with that authority. You do not use OpenSSL with that solution at all.

Maybe ... I tried so many things that I don't remember exactly which cmd commands I used that worked, what matters is that I made it to work as I intended and I don't have to kill myself now )