Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Nokia Developer Champion

will be Adobe AIR available on WP?

will be Adobe AIR available on WP? it would be nice for both WP7.5 and WP8

because with flash technology I make apps for S60V5, anna, belle, iOS and Android… would be nice to be able to make WP apps too.

I’m most web developer because is enough for me… I probably won’t develop native because is platform specific and way to hard to learn…

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: will be Adobe AIR available on WP?

You may want to ask Adobe. The current roadmap, http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpla...s/roadmap.html, does not mention WP. WP7 is certainly a no-go with the lack of C/C++ support. WP8+ is possible from the porting point of view.
    HTML5 is a safer bet for Web developers I think.

Nokia Developer Champion

I ask WP because they could be blocking Adobe AIR as is a direct competitor to silverlight ... although I wouldn't want to think that Adobe AIR is not developing because lack of WP users...

yes HTML5 is a safer bet for developers not familiar with flash technology... in flash for me the time for developing I could say is at least 10x less than HTML5 for a game let's say...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shpe View Post
    I ask WP because they could be blocking Adobe AIR as is a direct competitor to silverlight ...
    Ok, just remember that WP is actually not here. Otherwise AIR on iOS is not wholeheartedly welcomed, and it still exists very much.
    although I wouldn't want to think that Adobe AIR is not developing because lack of WP users...
    Well, it still remains being a strong point.
    yes HTML5 is a safer bet for developers not familiar with flash technology... in flash for me the time for developing I could say is at least 10x less than HTML5 for a game let's say...
    This direction leads a bit far away indeed. Speaking of Flash Professional, I do not know if there really exists a parallel tool to that in HTML5 world. However my daily job involves usage of Flash Builder, and coding MXML+ActionScript is not that different from coding HTML5+JavaScript. On the other hand I do use Stage3D, which works everywhere where my code starts at all, while the parallel technology, WebGL is exactly the thing which will not work on WP in the near future. So the comparison also depends on the actual use case.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Ok, just remember that WP is actually not here. Otherwise AIR on iOS is not wholeheartedly welcomed, and it still exists very much.
    yes... offtopic... I guess I'm use to this forum (I start developing on WP because of Nokia - only two simple apps for now)

I tried on WP forms as well but there is not so much community like here and didn't get any strait answers