Discussion Board

Certified Signed option not available.

Hello All,

I have a verified symbiansigned account and I cannot see the option of "certified signed" anywhere under my account. After I login to my account ->submissions->submit app for signing, I sent my sis file (signed with publisher ID) and submitted for analysis and immediately it got rejected with Analysis Problems "Your application requires capabilities which are only available for Certified Signed. Uid not in allowed range
    Uid not in allowed range ".

I have enough Content ID's.

What could be wrong here?

Please guide me step by step to get through "certified signed".

Thanks.
    Margey

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Certified Signed option not available.

Based on the error message, sooner or later someone will ask about the UID-s and the capabilities you are using.
    The guide is here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...Symbian_Signed, using Certified Signed is not complicated, it is expensive.

Capabilities: MultimediaDD,ReadDeviceData,WriteDeviceData,ProtServ,SwEvent,NetworkServices,LocalServices,ReadUserData,WriteUserData,UserEnvironment.
    I have noticed that UID is 0xE..... . Please guide how to get UID for signing purpose on Symbian OS v9.1.

You can request UID-s from Symbian Signed as described in the second half of "5. Development Certificates".
    The capabilities seem to be fine, so Express Signed is expected to work after changing the UID.

How many Uids should I request, and how to add new uid to my code. Can I just search for exiting UID starts with 0xE.. and replace all with a new Uid?.

Basically I would suggest you do read the docs for the signing carefully before continuing. Certified signing is not working with the ContentID's, those are used for Express signing, and the actual cost for Certified signing is lot more. Also you do need to pay for each signing round, so if your application fails to pass, you need to pay for any additional rounds needed. And you will get the signing done, only after you have passed the tests performed by the testing house.

Anyway, UID's must be unique for each executable, so each exe. dll etc. should have their own, and each UID must be reserved for the account you are using for signing.

Then you need to change the UID in all places its defined (the number of places depends on how your project is done), and then you do need to do full testing to see if the UID changes did cause any unwanted side effects, And do remember to do the testing with clean device, would suggest doing it with several different formatted RDA devices.

Its a pjsip symbian project and I am using carbide. When I search for "uid" I get almost 3000+ search results. But when I did "uid3" as suggested by a friend I got 4 results, and I replaced all four with new 4 uid's and submitted for testing, and its rejected. It shows the reason as same. " uid not in allowed range" and uid starts with "0xEBD......". Should I just search for uid "0xEBD....." and replace with new uid?.

Kindly suggest.
    Margey

As said, you need to reserve the UID from the Symbian signed. And make sure its in the protected range. 0xE.. is test range UID.

Also, please note that YOU MUST TEST the application before submitting it to Symbian signed. And do FULL TESTING. if your application is not passing the tests, you end up losing money there, so you would better be testing it well.

What I have done is.

1. I have tested my symbian app several times according to the guidelines and I used a developer cer for this.
    2. After this, I removed developer certificate from my app and signed with cer and key from Publisher ID
    3. I have generated 4 Protected Range UID's from my symbian account, and I searched for UID3 in my project and the search result was 4 UID's and I replaced them with the generated Protected Range UID's.
    4. I submitted app for testing and it failed.

Now my question is, Is the above procedure correct?. How do I know which UID to be replaced in my project as I have almost 3000 search results when I search for "uid".

Regards
    Margey

Basically you need to check that your package does not have any old test range UIDs. So check:
    - PKG: Application UID specified in top of the file,
    - PKG: all folders using UID as part of the
    - Each mmp file for Application UID, as well as Secure UID
    - Registration resource file that it also does specify right UID

Also what really concerns me, is that you change the UID, and then apparently without any further testing you are submitting it to the signing. And as a developer you should know that, after anything that requires any re-packaging, you do need to do Full testing again.

Indeed, in fact you should be happy that Symbian Signed does not accept any kind of submission - in that case they would have accepted your package for checking, would have billed you for ~200 EUR or something similar, and would have rejected the application regardless.
    So first you should make absolutely sure that your code meets the criteria on http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu..._Test_Criteria, then you can think about having it signed.
    Yes, you can find discussions about changing the UID, it is really about locating all occurrences (do not only search for 0xEBD..., search for EBD as there can be uses where there is no 0x), also check filenames.
    By the way, filenames: you may want to make them unique, a straightforward way is to have the UID in filenames going to common locations (like all .dll-s and .exe-s are deployed to \sys\bin, .rsc in to \resource\apps, registration resources in \private\10003a3f\import\apps\, etc.), MyApp.exe is less unique than MyApp_<your UID here>.exe.

EDIT: OMG, when I opened this tab, posts #9 and #10 did not exist.

I am able to change UID and analysis was "verified" and next procedure is to submit app for certified signing. Since I changed the UID's I unable to test the app with developer certificate because while installing it says "certificate error" How to test?

Thanks
    Margey

You might want to try redoing the developer certificate, and re-trying. Also do remember to keep your device in English language, and then write any error note shown excatly as they are shown.

Also it would be good to know in which point of instalaltion the error is shown, i.e. is it before anything else happens, or later.

The test failed. Some how its all messed up again. I am trying to start all the process again. I am using Carbide C++ and working on PJSIP Symbian S60 3rd Edition.

1. How can I replace test UID to Symbian Signed UID using carbide C++.?
    2. Which are the UID's I need to change in my app (using carbide c++) to get verified by certified signed by Symbian ?
    3. After I change the required UID using carbide c++, How can I test the app before submitting for certified signed?

I found this link, but apparently How to change application UID link is not working (http://www.symlab.org/main/documenta...61C66981B.html).

Thanks
    Margey