Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How to Insert Data into database created on webhost server in javame

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks View Post
    You need to consider : Whether you have to do the location tracking request once (and available later in settings of the app) or for each friend you add.

If its only once, its easy and you can add it as a check box while registering the app. Else each time you add a friend, there should be a check box or an alert to confirm location sharing.

Regards
    Gopal
    yes sir i want to ask permission for whether i can track his/her location. This would be taken as setting privacy. If one do not want to disclose its position can deny the request else if yes i can start tracking and locating on map,
    But the query is how will i send that request? wll i have to send message or somthng else?
    Last edited by angelvini210; 2013-02-22 at 16:46.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by angelvini210 View Post
    yes sir i want to ask permission for whether i can track his/her location. This would be taken as setting privacy. If one do not want to disclose its position can deny the request else if yes i can start tracking and locating on map,
    But the query is how will i send that request? wll i have to send message or somthng else?
    My Quick thought : Define a boolean : "trackLocation" and by default it will be false, and once user clicks the check box, the value will be changed to True and will be updated in server.

Hope this helps ?

Regards
    Gopal

Okay... sir thanx for an Idea!!!

@balagopalks : Sir m done with my online database and updating privacy!! I am again stuck at a point. Like an android app "watsapp" once we have registered we cannot see that register screen again!! Can you plzz guide or tell me the logic how can i provide a user with registration screen only once i.e. the very first time he had installed an app. once he is registered he should not be able to view that registeration screen again!!!
    Plz Sir help me on this part.... asap!!!

Thanks
    Vinita!!!

Super Contributor

@balagopalks : Sir m done with my online database and updating privacy!! I am again stuck at a point. Like an android app "watsapp" once we have registered we cannot see that register screen again!! Can you plzz guide or tell me the logic how can i provide a user with registration screen only once i.e. the very first time he had installed an app. once he is registered he should not be able to view that registeration screen again!!!
    Plz Sir help me on this part.... asap!!!
    If I understand your issue clearly, you can simply solve it : During First time App startup and Registration is done, Create a RecordStore named "Values" and Save a boolean "Registered" as True. Once the App is started again, check if the RecordStore named "Values" exist and Registred is True, if so you can skip registration screen / step and continue with the app.

Hope this clarifies and helps ?

Regards
    Gopal
    Twitter : @balagopalks
    Linkedin : @balagopalks

If I understand your issue clearly, you can simply solve it : During First time App startup and Registration is done, Create a RecordStore named "Values" and Save a boolean "Registered" as True. Once the App is started again, check if the RecordStore named "Values" exist and Registred is True, if so you can skip registration screen / step and continue with the app.

Hope this clarifies and helps ?

Regards
    Gopal
    Sir i tried the same thing.... but it was succesffuly done with WTk emulator but with Nokia emulator or Oracle it is not working properly, everytym you freshly run the project it will first ask to register again and den the next displayable.

Super Contributor

Sir i tried the same thing.... but it was succesffuly done with WTk emulator but with Nokia emulator or Oracle it is not working properly, everytym you freshly run the project it will first ask to register again and den the next displayable.
    Are you closing the emulator and restarting ? If I remember correctly, RecordStores will get deleted once you close the emulator - Please try in a real device/ RDA for actual results.

Regards
    Gopal

Are you closing the emulator and restarting ? If I remember correctly, RecordStores will get deleted once you close the emulator - Please try in a real device/ RDA for actual results.

Regards
    Gopal
    Yes when i am closing the emulator, i am again getting the the Registration screen!!! okay i'll try this on a real device. And if i want to store my contact no in the record store and use it for future use in project, is it possible i could retrieve my number (i.e the one registered) from recordstore.
    Last edited by angelvini210; 2013-03-09 at 15:22.

Sir i was able to run my recordstrore program successfully on Nokia Sdk.... even after closing emulator it is not asking me to register again. But i deletd a record using "rs.deleteRecord(id)" so it is like neither giving me registration form nor my Main form. On emulator it shows a message "Midlet is running.Nothning to display"...
    What would be the solution for this?
    Sir plz help asap!!!
    Thanks
    Vinita!!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

You may want considering to debug the code, then you would see what is happening inside.

Super Contributor

And if i want to store my contact no in the record store and use it for future use in project, is it possible i could retrieve my number (i.e the one registered) from recordstore.
    Yes, you can save numbers also in RecordStore.

Sir i was able to run my recordstrore program successfully on Nokia Sdk.... even after closing emulator it is not asking me to register again. But i deletd a record using "rs.deleteRecord(id)" so it is like neither giving me registration form nor my Main form. On emulator it shows a message "Midlet is running.Nothning to display"...
    What would be the solution for this?
    There seems to be some mess-up you have done with the record-id's. I guess you know the difference between deleteRecordStore(java.lang.String recordStoreName) & deleteRecord(int recordId) ? How are you checking with recordStore if registration is already done ? Is it with listRecordStores() ?

Regards
    Gopal

Yes, you can save numbers also in RecordStore.

There seems to be some mess-up you have done with the record-id's. I guess you know the difference between deleteRecordStore(java.lang.String recordStoreName) & deleteRecord(int recordId) ? How are you checking with recordStore if registration is already done ? Is it with listRecordStores() ?

Regards
    Gopal
    yes i had used deleteRecord(int recordId) . m checking whether registration is done by retrieving the boolean value isRegister.

Super Contributor

You definitely need some debugging here : try getNumRecords() next time you open the app after deleting the records.

Regards
    Gopal