Discussion Board

MH5 Saved map "smears" graphic when panning

I save a map to an android device and it works, but I see a couple of strange things:

1. When I move the map past the bounding box saved (using gestures), the background does not redraw so the edge is "smeared" across the page. (this is the least problematic issue of the 3)
    2. When I zoom in too much (perhaps past what was saved, don't know for sure) the map freezes and I need to zoom in/out.
    3. Even when not zoomed in all the way, moving the map "smears" the graphic and markers within the bounding box of what was saved (zooming in/out cleans it up).

Are these known issues?

Thanks
    Tom

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: MH5 Saved map "smears" graphic when panning

Hi Tom,

the first issue is known. Can you reproduce two last issues on m.here.com if you save an area for offline usage?

What is the device you're testing on?

Br,
    Leo

Hi Leo,

I could not reproduce the issue on m.here.com, in fact even issue #1 is not there.
    It seems to be related to the pois and shapes I have on the map.
    I can reproduce it (to a lesser degree) when running my web app on a Windows PC with Chrome version 24, but only if I have pois and shapes on the map. When I remove the pois and shapes the problem goes away.
    Also, on my mobile device (Samsung Nexus with Android 4.1.1) the problem goes mostly away when there are no pois and shapes drawn. The map still freezes or disappears occasionally.
    I display about 54 pois, and 8 shapes, 2 of which I redraw on mapmoveend event (a vertical and horizontal line from -90 to 90 and -180 to 180 to mark the center of the map).

What appears to be happening is that the map stops panning, but the shapes and poi graphic still move, but since the don't refresh the area they vacate, they "smear" across the map.

Thanks
    Tom

Hi Leo,

I tried it with the new 1.0.2 version and it's better:
    #1 is still there
    #2 is fixed
    #3 still happens, but only when I zoom in all the way. On the last zoom In, the map graphic quality degrades (like it does before it finds the right tiles to replace the resized ones) and then panning causes the pois and shapes to smear.

Thanks
    Tom

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Tom,

thank you for validation.

Leo