Discussion Board

Cool How and where we can define screen/display area specifications of my web app

How and where we can define screen/display area specifications of my web app

Please guide me with the coding part.

Wiki Moderators

Re: How and where we can define screen/display area specifications of my web app

This would be picked from width and height style parameters of your base HTML element (div), usually by default the ui-page div.

You may either edit the default CSS class produced by the template or if you're using the latest Nokia Web Tool 2.3 you can do it in the 'stylesheet settings' available in the UI designer.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Cool Re: How and where we can define screen/display area specifications of my web app

Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    This would be picked from width and height style parameters of your base HTML element (div), usually by default the ui-page div.

You may either edit the default CSS class produced by the template or if you're using the latest Nokia Web Tool 2.3 you can do it in the 'stylesheet settings' available in the UI designer.

Can u give me the link whee the standadard specifications for the s40 web apps are provided like div ,class ui class and width and

height etc.

All details regarding logo size, Icon size and screen area etc to publish a web app.

Wiki Moderators

Re: How and where we can define screen/display area specifications of my web app

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Can u give me the link whee the standadard specifications for the s40 web apps are provided like div ,class ui class and width and

height etc.

All details regarding logo size, Icon size and screen area etc to publish a web app.
    Here are some links, which give the requested info,

Series 40 Web App Developer’s Library:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...ry/index.html?

Series 40 Web Apps UX Guidelines - this should address queries related to logo / icon / screen area, etc. Also, it offer information in interaction models and visual style for Series 40 Web Apps:
    https://www.developer.nokia.com/info...uidelines.html

Series 40 Web Apps on Nokia Developer Wiki - you'll find some good articles and application walk-throughs here:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...es_40_Web_Apps

Hope that helps.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Thank you for such a detailed info. I will update u soon.

Hi croozeus .

I want a certain UI

1st screen languages list with thumbnails

English

Hindi

Tamil

Telugu etc....

2nd screen

TimesNow

High Med Low

EtNow

High Med Low

Iam very much new to java scripting and .html coding .Pls help me crroozeus

Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Here are some links, which give the requested info,

Series 40 Web App Developer’s Library:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...ry/index.html?

Series 40 Web Apps UX Guidelines - this should address queries related to logo / icon / screen area, etc. Also, it offer information in interaction models and visual style for Series 40 Web Apps:
    https://www.developer.nokia.com/info...uidelines.html

Series 40 Web Apps on Nokia Developer Wiki - you'll find some good articles and application walk-throughs here:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...es_40_Web_Apps

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SKUMAR; 2013-02-25 at 14:13.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Which part of the documentation (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou...n-library.html for the visual part) is unclear? Have you checked the examples (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resou.../examples.html) there?
    (Note that the links usually require multiple opening attempts, the first few ones often lead to the library main page)

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi SKUMAR,

Have you check the example given with the Nokia Web Tools 2.3. There is one example of DeviceScreenResolution given in that, may be this is what you are looking for.

Regards.
    Jajal Mehul

ok I will go thru it james1980 than q. Where will find that example ?

Iam S Kumar.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-02-26 at 10:51.

Nokia Developer Moderator

ok I will go thru it james1980 than q. Where will find that example ?

Iam S Kumar.
    I do not have the Nokia Web tools here, but when Mehul mentioned the example there he clearly refers to an example 'given in that' (quoting his exact words)

Side note: operating two usernames is pretty confusing to anybody (ones answering you, and also yourself as I noted in the above post). Why not stick to just one (which has been mentioned to you on various occasions in the past by several people who were trying to help answer your questions)

ok symbian neil .

Nokia Developer Champion

q. Where will find that example ?

In the bottom half of the Nokia Web tools window, you find the samples tab in which you can go through different example given with the installation. I am using Web Tools 2.3 version.
    Jajal Mehul

Wow This is the perfect answer I needed . Thanks james1980.