Discussion Board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Symbian online library

Now with search support Enjoy!

Very nice.

Regular Contributor

Thumb up for effort your effort but sadly nokia just made it harder for us.I heard rumor that nokia already stopped symbian device production and I didn't buy my 808 yet.

Glad you like it
    @babylongreece I'm actually amazed they were still producing Symbian devices in 2013. I got myself a brand new 808 from high street shop 2 or 3 months ago for half the original price. Look around you'll probably find some good deals.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lenclud View Post
    Glad you like it
    @babylongreece I'm actually amazed they were still producing Symbian devices in 2013. I got myself a brand new 808 from high street shop 2 or 3 months ago for half the original price. Look around you'll probably find some good deals.
    I expect symbian device to be produce until 2016 as that is a execution date and because I read somewhere that n8 will continue production due to its unique camera module.I only intend to buy only after a year or two due to no budget.

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    I expect symbian device to be produce until 2016 as that is a execution date and because I read somewhere that n8 will continue production due to its unique camera module.I only intend to buy only after a year or two due to no budget.
    I believe you expect wrong. I understand production has already ceased (only from public sources I've seen) and that sales will continue only in some countries and based on current stocks. Symbian will continue to be supported in some ways, but that is not the same as "in production".

Strongly suggest you move to Asha and WP.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    I believe you expect wrong. I understand production has already ceased (only from public sources I've seen) and that sales will continue only in some countries and based on current stocks. Symbian will continue to be supported in some ways, but that is not the same as "in production".

Strongly suggest you move to Asha and WP.
    Seem like my time with nokia developer will be up soon.I'll just stay as long as symbian still viable(6 years ?) while move to bb10,sailfish and android.WP unlikely and asha,it's still a dumb phone with just upgrade mostly on ui.Also users who buy that phone will unlikely to buy any app (don't start on ads monetisation)
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2013-06-14 at 18:09.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    Also users who buy that phone will unlikely to buy any app (don't start on ads monetisation)
    Never under-estimate consumers intelligence. Remember customers know the best what they want. Its upto developers to be innovative and provide what they want.
    It would be grossly wrong to expect the users to buy what we want them to. Especially the budget consumer. They buy, just that they probably look at free options first. If not available then they dont mind paying for something that they really want or find useful. Now how innovative you can be is what you should be fighting for.

I have no hangups of what OS you want to develop for, its your choice. Just that you have to respect the choices of others who make a choice (You seem condescending of developers who find interest in Asha or Lumia.)

And regarding Symbian, well I must say that you seem very optimistic person if you think that you can stay on it for 6 years

Edit: You seem to have edited out some comments of Lumia (unfortunately I had not quoted you fully which would have made sense to my answer.)
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2013-06-14 at 18:56.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    I have no hangups of what OS you want to develop for, its your choice. Just that you have to respect the choices of others who make a choice (You seem condescending of developers who find interest in Asha or Lumia.)
    I'm sorry if i am offending any developers here If you mean i have a hate to toward lumia or asha developers.It is not the developer.Yes,i have prejudice toward lumia because because this is the reason why nokia abandon nokia belle just when belle is out with a big change.Also nokia likes to promote asha as smartphone when it cannot even perform as a smartphone yet abandoning its own smartphone platform.How ironic is it.

And regarding Symbian, well I must say that you seem very optimistic person if you think that you can stay on it for 6 years
    I already use my n8 for more than 2 years and i will definitely buy 808 pureview but only after a year or two and so yes,i am very optimistic than i can stay with symbian for 6 years.The only way i will abandon symbian is after 808 no longer available or worst case,nokia close the nokia store.

Edit:The reason i edit my previous post is to prevent any provocation and respect the forum users

Please stay - on topic

Lets stay on topic please - this thread is about where to find Symbian resources, including the offline library and searchable online library (thanks lenclud for #30).

Regular Contributor

Re: Please stay - on topic

Another link for symbian belle developer's library.Just in case previous link source is broken so we have multiple links for symbian belle developer's library.Here it is http://katastrophos.net/symbian-dev/

How about if we create a project in this site.You contribute the document I will put the symbian^3 source.Both this stuff is quite difficult to find if don't know where to look.Aleast this way we have a control on its existence

Quote Originally Posted by remas2010 View Post
    How about if we create a project in this site.You contribute the document I will put the symbian^3 source.Both this stuff is quite difficult to find if don't know where to look.Aleast this way we have a control on its existence
    Not this site - Nokia Projects has migrated to Github.