Discussion Board

Testing wgt's locally

I am currently developing a web app for Series 40 using the Nokia Web Tools application. When I click the Local Preview to run my web app, everything works exactly as it should. However, when I try to test my app using the Cloud Preview, while the first page of my web app opens, clicking the button to submit my form does nothing.

I am new to developing on this platform, I assume it's perfectly ok post a form with an action which points to another html file in the same wgt app (see below code)?

Code:
    <form id="form" method="get" action="calculate.html">
    Assuming that my code is ok, can anyone else propose a solution to my problem?

Regards,
    grift.

Re: Testing wgt's locally

Ok, to answer my question, would I be right in saying that splitting your web app across different html files isn't the supported? Looking through all the examples, it seems like it's encouraged to use mwl.toggle to switch between pages.

Wiki Moderators

Re: Testing wgt's locally

Quote Originally Posted by grift View Post
    Ok, to answer my question, would I be right in saying that splitting your web app across different html files isn't the supported? Looking through all the examples, it seems like it's encouraged to use mwl.toggle to switch between pages.
    Multi-page web apps are not supported.

From the official best practices guide,
    If your web app is to contain multiple scenes, views, or pages you shouldn’t create separate HTML pages and loading them using mwl.loadURL(). If you do so, you may encounter rendering issues with any pages other than index.html.
    The correct approach is to place the HTML content for each view in its own container (such as a div) in the index.html file. Then, to display a specific view the currently displaying view should be hidden and the required view shown using JavaScript code.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com