Discussion Board

Application update

Hello all,
    I am going to update my app soon and I decide to exclude certain countries and create new content with same app using same uid for the exclude countries.My question is those countries that I exclude can they still receive update after exclude their countries from this latest update?I mean in this update their countries will be excluded from my distribution but can those that buy the app earlier still receive update?.As an info I will create a new content specifically for those exclude countries with the same uid but I assume they will not be update from this new content right?

Re: Application update

Hi,

Thanks for a good question!

Other countries will receive the update in your case as well.

-Kalle

Nokia Developer Champion

While updating the app, we can modify the countries list, if the update will still be visible for those countries which a user has filtered out then what is the utilization of providing the country filter again at the time of update?

Not to be rude,i know the the rest of other country users can still update but what about the removed country.In next update,i will remove "toppy" from country distribution list but can those earlier "toppy" users that already bought my app still update since i will remove "toppy" in this latest update.I will making a new content with same app for "toppy" country but i don't want previous buyers to miss out this update.

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    While updating the app, we can modify the countries list, if the update will still be visible for those countries which a user has filtered out then what is the utilization of providing the country filter again at the time of update?
    I do hope it is used to prevent the particular country new users from buying my app but still allow previous buyers to update

> I do hope it is used to prevent the particular country new users from buying my app but still allow previous buyers to update
    Yep