Discussion Board

Using any launcher fails to open Nokia Music app - Indian version

I have a Nokia Lumia device and I use any Launcher, say, for example,

Code:
    using Nokia.Music.Phone.Tasks;

private void Button_Click_1(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
        LaunchTask task = new LaunchTask();
        task.Show();
    }
    The expected behavior would be to open the Nokia Music app that I had installed on the device. But I am redirected to the browser instead. I even tried re-installing the app but I observed only the same behavior.

I am guessing this is because my phone's location settings is India and I have the Indian version of the Nokia Music app. I also observed that the URL that gets opened in the browser points to the US version of the Nokia Music store.

I guess there is no support for the Indian version. Is this true? If not, what am I doing wrong?

Re: Using any launcher fails to open Nokia Music app - Indian version

I would like to add 2 more things.

I tried directly launching the app from the code without using the API and it worked. I also added the code for checking if my device is a Nokia device.

Code:
                if (string.Equals(DeviceStatus.DeviceManufacturer, "NOKIA", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
                {
                    Uri launchNokiaMusicString = new Uri(nokia-music://);
                    await (Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(launchNokiaMusicString));
                }
    The above code works. After going through the source code of the API on github, this seems to be the same thing that the API does. Therefore, I don't think it has to do anything with my phone having the Indian version of the Nokia Music app as I doubted in my previous post.

The second thing is, I did not mention earlier that my app was upgraded to target wp8.0 instead of wp7.5. I am beginning to suspect that this is the reason that my app is not able to use the API properly.

I will investigate the source code and update this thread with my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by anirudh24seven View Post
    The second thing is, I did not mention earlier that my app was upgraded to target wp8.0 instead of wp7.5. I am beginning to suspect that this is the reason that my app is not able to use the API properly.
    I created a new blank app to test the API and it worked perfectly on my device. I guess I had problems because of upgrading my app to 8.0. Oh well. I guess I'll manually upgrade my app then.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi, glad you got it working!
    It sounds like something strange in the Visual Studio upgrade process not picking up the wp8 version of the DLL from NuGet.
    As you found, the API is supported for India.
    Steve