Discussion Board

How to mix two projects(one pure C++ native project , one C# project) in one XAP rel

I have two projects,

1. one is created as new project "Windows phone direct3D App (native only)"

2. the 2nd project is "windows phone app" (C#)

I added the two projects in one solution and want to generate one XAP to include both built binaries.

How to achieve this? Thanks very much.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to mix two projects(one pure C++ native project , one C# project) in one XAP

Hello,

That's not possible,
    one app = one xap.

Unless it's a backgroundagent/library projet then you just add the reference to the app projet.

Can you please tell us what are trying to achieve regarding the end user ?

Re: How to mix two projects(one pure C++ native project , one C# project) in one XAP

Thanks for your answer.
    The two projects are used as
    1. Native project (C++) is ported from legacy project source code(all are C++ source code) which can open animation file to play animation (DirectX 3D)
    2. The C# project is used to
    - help user download animiation files(from website) and list them in a ListBox
    - User choose one animation file from the list and it calls the native project to play the animation file.

That is the user case. Not sure whether there is other good way to achieve this. Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi.
    You must transform your C++ code in WinRT component and render it to a DrawingSurface or DrawingSurfaceBackgroundGrid in your C# code.

You can find information about C++ support here : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ne_8#Direct_3D
    and different article on DirectX here : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...tegory:DirectX

Thanks very much. I will try the VS2012 sample project from "menu-File - New project - Windows phone direct 3D with XAML App" .
    But I met log issue in the WinRT component. The C# code can output log to "output" window but C++ code does nothing. I do not know what is the problem.
    I raise the problem and ask help at
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...621#post913621