I would like to let all Symbian developers have some stuff I've been working on for several years now.
I haven't been working continuously on this, but anyway, it might be of interest to some of you.
It's about a C++ UI framework that includes some interesting things, like:
- XAML like syntax for describing views, forms, custom controls. Perl script generates code behind. Partial class declaration support through C macros.
- Custom keyboard implemented with both XAML and code behind (what you declare in XAML is available in code behind as a member variable)
- Events + Delegates (any number and type of arguments)
- Advanced layout system
- Portrait and landscape support
- Properties (with in-class or external storage)
- Data bindings (between properties, one way, two ways)
- Double buffering (by easily setting a property of the Control class)
The sample app included doesn't do much because the framework is not completed I've stopped the work for Symbian, but it's installable on Symbian^3.
If you have any questions, comments or I can help you anyhow, please don't hesitate to contact me. But please be patient with my answers. Thank you!
And the link to the code: https://github.com/drivesmoothly/Leah/tree/Symbian
Also, some more info and screen shots here: https://github.com/drivesmoothly/Leah/wiki