Discussion Board

Question How to show you app at the "edit", "apps" and "share" menu of the images.

While you have a photo editor app, you can launch it from the app bar, by tapping on the "edit" link and see you app there on the lis, or by tapping "apps" link or even in the "share" link in some cases. Any idea what are de diferences? Isn't it a bit the same all?

Here I found how to show my app in the "edit" menu but don't know how to make it be in the "apps" list.

Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to show you app at the "edit", "apps" and "share" menu of the images.

Quote Originally Posted by andres.fraga View Post
    While you have a photo editor app, you can launch it from the app bar, by tapping on the "edit" link and see you app there on the lis, or by tapping "apps" link or even in the "share" link in some cases. Any idea what are de diferences? Isn't it a bit the same all?

Here I found how to show my app in the "edit" menu but don't know how to make it be in the "apps" list.

Thanks in advance
    Hello

To show your app the Apps List see the documentation here but you should use the "edit" app extension, here is why :
    The photo apps picker will be deprecated in a future release. New Windows Phone 8 photo editing apps should extend the photo edit picker instead. For more info about that extension point, see Extending the photo edit picker for Windows Phone 8.
    I don't see much difference between "Edit" and "Apps" but, Share is different, let's take the example of a messenger app, you can share your pic on it, but it won't necessarily implement an edit function.

Thanks for the fast replay!!

Just what I needed to know. I'll concentrate so on the "edit"

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi.
    You can read this wiki article : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...e_Pictures_Hub

It will be updated for WP8.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by yan_ View Post
    Hi.
    You can read this wiki article : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...e_Pictures_Hub

It will be updated for WP8.
    yan_: Are those images copied directly from MS site ?
    if so, please remove them and make new ones by yourself.

At least the most upper one looks way too familiar.

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    yan_: Are those images copied directly from MS site ?
    if so, please remove them and make new ones by yourself.

At least the most upper one looks way too familiar.
    ??
    I don't understand why it's now a problem.
    This article have been featured since 19 Aug 2012 and use picture from MS have been validate. Like explain in note :
    This article extends the WP7 content part on MSDN (like Pictures Extensibility Overview for Windows Phone) with concrete examples and a downloadable example you can try out on your Windows Phone device.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by yan_ View Post
    I don't understand why it's now a problem.
    This article have been featured since 19 Aug 2012 and use picture from MS have been validate. Like explain in note :
    I don't understand why it's a problem too,
    Maybe it's because of this :
    (a) you own the User Content submitted by you to the Service and/or you have obtained any consents, permission or licenses that may be legally required for you to submit any User Content and grant the license set forth in this section;