Discussion Board

Hybrid View

UI issue in E71,E90 and N95

Hello Sir,

I am working on the VOIP Application of Symbian Mobile. When I try to run this Application on E72 The application working fine and UI is proper.

But When I try to run the applicaion on E71,E90 and N95 then Text is wrongly displayed.

means after fill information of username and password when i try to login registering...,register,call all label overlap one another and text not readble.

thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: UI issue in E71,E90 and N95

Basically, you would need to check how your UI is cosntructed, and how the UI controls are placed there. In general E71 has same layout & resolution than E72, so usually there would not be problems, in essense the difference between these is minor version update.

anyway, N95 has two orientations, and the 'default' one is different than with E72/E71, same goes with fron UI of the E90. With E90 you would also have different resulution display inside, so on top of the explaining on how your UI is done and handled, you should also mention what orientation & display is used when the screen does not display correctly.

Thanks for reply yucca,

I think orientation is correct.

regsitering,registered,readytocall all these note overlap So Not clear what is written

thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Basically, you should check how your UI is constructed, without knowing anything on it, its completely impossible to know what would be going wrong in there. Also you should debug to see what indeed caused the difference between 3rd ed FP1 & 3rd ed FP2 devices.

One thing in general would of course be that you should use 3rd ed FP1 SDK or older for the development, using newer one might cause problems, though it should not really simply mess up UIs that way..