Discussion Board

What should i do with jar/jad files received after publishing my web app

After submitting the web app for s40 series , i received zip package containing jar and jad files in it stating the below message :
    "Please find attached the jar/jad package(s) for the Series 40 Web Applications that you have submitted".

Is there anything further i need o do with these files ?
    Last edited by M4RUM; 2013-03-28 at 15:55.

Re: What should i do with jar/jad files received after publishing my web app

You don't need to do anything with this files.

The files allow you to install the webapp without going to the Nokia store, and also before the store has published them.
    So you can use them and send them to friends, so they can install your app before is is published. Or you can put the files on your web site.

Regards

Karsten Meier

Where can we collect such files? I don't receive any notification like that.

where to find .jar file of web App. because i want to check Application Icon. is it possible to check App icon of web App before publishing it?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SANDEEP SHARMA View Post
    where to find .jar file of web App. because i want to check Application Icon. is it possible to check App icon of web App before publishing it?
    So far I was assuming that you want to check how your icon looks on the device.
    However now I think you are missing a piece of information: the icon is going to be what you provide. http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...r-web-app.html and http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...ary/icons.html briefly mention that, and the actual guidelines are here: http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...onography.html

I developed Apps using Web developer tool of NOKIA. I added icon and mentioned it in config file. it is working fine with all my App except one. when i submitted that Apps to publish. i got report that icon of my App is default icon. they also provide my screenshot of device screen after installing it. I have checked number of times but i am not able to resolve it. I also submitted Application again but got same Error Report. Now, I want to check Icon of my App. and i am not able to check it because web simulator don't provide that kind of functionality.