Discussion Board

Facebook Access Token Asha

Hi,
    How to get Facebook Access Token from user using S40 (i am targeting asha)
    is there is a webview or webkit sdk ?

Regards
    Wael

Super Contributor

Re: Facebook Access Token Asha

Nokia is not offering any Facebook API libraries for Series 40, and neither is Facebook.

You may look into how it is done using Facebook's JavaScript APIs and try to take advantage of (learn from) that in your code: https://developers.facebook.com/docs...tting-started/

You might also investigate the Android Java SDK that Facebook has made available in source code (if my memory serves me right). Perhaps it can be ported to J2ME for Series 40.

Note, of course, that if you use your own versions (which you must, as Facebook is not supporting Series 40), you're very vulnerable to any changes by Facebook in the server-side APIs and the protocol. That is, if Facebook modifies their side, your apps depending on certain behaviour will most likely stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Nokia is not offering any Facebook API libraries for Series 40, and neither is Facebook.

You may look into how it is done using Facebook's JavaScript APIs and try to take advantage of (learn from) that in your code: https://developers.facebook.com/docs...tting-started/

You might also investigate the Android Java SDK that Facebook has made available in source code (if my memory serves me right). Perhaps it can be ported to J2ME for Series 40.

Note, of course, that if you use your own versions (which you must, as Facebook is not supporting Series 40), you're very vulnerable to any changes by Facebook in the server-side APIs and the protocol. That is, if Facebook modifies their side, your apps depending on certain behaviour will most likely stop working.

I am not looking for full Library i am looking for browser component to get user access token and permission dialog processing only

Nokia Developer Champion

hello waelfarouk,

AFAIK there is no full fledged webview component present in J2ME !!

You need to find some other ways and methods to authenticate with facebook.

Regards,
    Gargi

Hi
    Does anyone ever used S40WebKit
    is there is any example?
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/S40WebKit

Regards
    Wael

The LWUIT resource editor has "Web Browser" component, but I just made a test and imported the res file into an S40 project, and when I try to run it I get a "Component not found" exception and it takes it as a custom component I should register, so I guess it is not implemented in the S40 port.

Also, I found this post: LWUIT and Facebook API, but the provided test project uses a NetworkManager class from com.sun.lwuit.io, which is apparently missing in the Nokia implementation as well.

I just made a few simple tests. You might want to take a deeper look.
    -CarlosDL

@cadlg
    Your reply is important
    i will check it and test then will send a feedback

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadlg View Post
    The LWUIT resource editor has "Web Browser" component, but I just made a test and imported the res file into an S40 project, and when I try to run it I get a "Component not found" exception and it takes it as a custom component I should register, so I guess it is not implemented in the S40 port.

Also, I found this post: LWUIT and Facebook API, but the provided test project uses a NetworkManager class from com.sun.lwuit.io, which is apparently missing in the Nokia implementation as well.

I just made a few simple tests. You might want to take a deeper look.

Facebook API for J2ME s40 is possible using codenameone. (www.codenameone.com)

Like to learn on how to develop on mobile. All I now is to integrate facebook on web. Hope to here from you guys.